Battery costs and suppliers

so you battery is around 16Kg?

Yes, 16.24kg…plus the BMS, some foam, some connectors,…17kg.
But it is a battery in 3 pieces. Important to keep it flat.

:exploding_head:

My battery is only 6.3Kg and I get an hours ride time! Why would you want a 17Kg battery…

because I am not driving an efoil….so I need the 200-250 A for a longer period.
And a 1P configuration is better to handle than a 10-16P config - no drift in the parallel row :wink:

2 Likes

thanks for the information. I suspected that you meant this kokam type of cells. i know these from e gliders. the weight is not so important there. With e-ppg these cells are 40% too heavy. therefore we use 18650 or 21700 cells li-ion. yes, the industrial version of the kokam cells is the best on the market worldwide. Best regards

You are right, different application different battery :smiley:
I like the Kokams…you can handle them without care (BMS) and they are delivering more than mentioned in the specs…

You will never have drift inside a parallel row. Only between serial cells there is drift.

Cells in parallel self Ballance. You still need to monitor, and balance charge your 14 cells in series! They will not stay in balance. Be careful. That would be unfortunate if you overcharge a few cells once it gets out of balance and end up with a puffy pack!

:call_me_hand:

Cells in parallel do a self balancing if they are healthy.
I am using a Zivan Charger and a Emus BMS. Each cell has a balancing module and a temperature sensor. So I am pretty sure to do the right things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
One question, you have for example a 14S15P configuration, in row 12 you have now a damaged cell…how will you recognize that? See the topic about Onean Carver boards.
I am building up jetsurf boards for over 8 years now…I know the reasons for changing to these cells :v:

Very easy to recognise. Row 12 will be out of balance a lot.

During charge with a really good charger yes, during discharge you will stress the other 14 cells…driving them a little more in the direction of their limits.

Hi, just received from Bonkapower HK 4 22000 mah 22v 6s batteries in the middle of thviruscrisis. For a e paramotor project but will use on the efoil as well. No customs as come through UK with DHL. I took a risk but very happy now ! 232$/piece and 182 shipping and customs for 4 !

Sorry. I miss understood your post.

As far as the bad cell. That group will be at a lower voltage then the rest during use. Provided you have individual cell voltage monitoring through the BMS it should cut off before the low cell gets below 2.5v. If you have individual cell monitoring with a voltage alarm but no BMS like I have then that cell group will alarm prematurely.

When the battery charger is hooked up (along with balance leads) that cell group will show as much lower voltage then the rest. And during charging it will either charge much fast or much slower then the other cells groups depending on if the bad cell is open, or bad and sucking power.

I’ve seen both of those failure types in old Lipo packs.

:call_me_hand:

drift at 18650 or 21700. I can say the following. many years and batteries built up to 600 single cells, I say there is no drift that would be problematic. the prerequisites are: perfect connection of all cell groups. even heat dissipation or even storage of the heat. the cells should always have the same temperature. I have never swapped a cell. use sony vtc 5/6, samsung T40, molicell p 42. where I have often swapped cells with friends at e-bike, monoweel etc. there are cheap connected cells mostly pansonic and samsung fake replica and bms in use the normal way heard the garbage.

What about this for a “plug and play” battery? It is 14s/14p and already waterproofed. ~$1500
Any reason why it wouldn’t work?
https://www.ewake-surf.com/product-page/kopie-von-46-ah-battery

Would this be a good efoil plug and play battery?
https://www.gensace.de/tattu-plus1-0-22000mah-44-4v-25c-12s1p-lipo-battery-pack-with-as150-plug.html
To use with flipsky 65161 100kv and the flipsky 200a 60v vesc?

It would work plug n play, but its a little on the thick side so your would would need to be pretty darn thick!

Evwest
Big battery
Battery hookup

Will prose also has utube too

Has surplus and used batteries
Also some groups buy sights on Facebook
Normally only shipps to USA only