What do people think about Spintend’s ESCs? Doesn’t appear to get much use in the Efoil community but fairly well known for EVs at Endless Sphere. Generally regarded as somewhat higher build quality than Flipsky. I have their 100A lite model and it has worked well on my scooter/minibike, no problems so far. (Switched after my Flipsky 75100 blew a cap and haven’t got around to replacing the cap yet. However the Flipsky blew when I tried to run it on 24s LiFePo4 which it is not rated for, so not quite a fair quality comparison…) Can’t beat Flipsky for price and availability, but Spintend seems like another good option to consider. Thought I’d see what others’ thoughts were before adding it to the list.
Making a beginner’s guide is an amazing idea. Is there any sort of a wiki section here or somewhere to pin reference posts? We need to make sure this stays updated and doesn’t get lost!