eFoil riding regulations/laws

In Canada as of today, efoils with propellers, shrouded or not are not legal for use anywhere in the country, potential $300 fine if caught using one, however they can be legally sold, you’ll just need to use it in another country ha! If propulsion is a true jet pump impeller design, no problemo to use. Current law is under review … don’t hold yor breath.
So my custom diy build will have a jet pump so i don’t get fined and can use to my hearts content!
Only problem with fully submerged pumps are that they lose tons of efficiency. They are designed to be most efficient at waterline or just above. Props definitely have the advantage here in terms of efficiency. But if you locate the pump on mast at the average waterline point, and not close to foils, it should help with that issue,
Something I’ve noticed is that there are some rental / lesson operations in canada using efoils. Wonder what their liability insurance is like for coverage of something illegal to use in Canada?
I’ll bet a mishap on a prop driven efoil with a customer would be a very bad thing for the company, and not be covered, possibly bankrupting the operation.