Flightjunkie's first e-foil build

14s is about the safe voltage limits. Anything over about 50 volts could kill you. Especially in water, or if your wet. Fresh water is more dangerous then salt water.

Basically, the current increases with higher voltage and constant propellers !!!

Best regards Frank

im diffrent opinion salt water is way more conuductive then normal water. The cleaner the water the more resitance it has

1 Like

That is exactly why salt water is safer. The electricity will travel through the water.

WOW i didnt know that

good that i am running on 14s

I already thouched 80v dc wires. Its not that bad AC is worse. However i dont think that i will ever get into contact with my motor cabels.

1 Like

Reposted from another thread to keep my build updated:

Hi guys.

I cheated. Sorry.

After talking to David I decided to just buy the 4’4" Pro model. Bought just the empty board. He helped me get a good price which I agreed not to mention.

I am still making my own board because I am building two e-foil boards. Because you know…two is better then one. One for me, and one for friends and family! The buddy system…

Building a board is a slow process, and I wanted to ride now.

I will update my build with pictures and video in the coming weeks. This is all I got for now.

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

This was my first ride.

4 Likes

Cool video! How did you film this?

1 Like

Selfie stick!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Nice! Did you edit it out of the video?

No editing. It was filmed with the Rylo 360 camera. 360 cameras are amazing.

1 Like

May I ask if buying the FR propulsion unit & Lift board + your actual battery & ESC is cheaper than a brand new Lift board ?

1 Like

At full price your looking at:

$4500 for lift board on Lifts website
$2000 for FR propulsion unit
$1000 for battery
$500 for other stuff.
Already had foils.

So, yea. Cheaper. I think I can probably build my second all DIY e-foil board for $3,000 - $4,000. So, at full price, it would have been twice as much as an all DIY. But, if you buy as a group, and negotiate on price, you might be surprised how much you can save. :sunglasses:

I am building a second board, all DIY. I just got impatient. Over 4 months in. Wanted to ride already.

Pay to play! …I keep telling myself.:rofl::sob:

There certain parts of the project that are worth DIY’ing and others that aren’t. Buying a board is one of those that just makes more sense to me.

1 Like

Good job man! Looks like it’s going great, especially for the first ride :ok_hand:

1 Like

Agree, thanks for the infos !
Suprised your battery setup only costed you $1k ? You mean with every cable, BMS, box and seals ?

1 Like

super nice i have the same setup, lift 4.4 pro and FR mast motor, but i burn my esc mgm compro there 3 week ago, i search a new esc for complete the setup now maybe vesc 75/300 but i don’t know if there necessary to use a antispark with this esc and wich… Best regards =)

2 Likes

No BMS. Plexiglass is cheap. Roughly $700 for the 196 30Q cells, and roughly another $300 in materials.

2 Likes