HGLTECH 100Kv Test and Comparison

https://www.nauticstore24.at/sidepower-propeller-5-blatt-fuer-se30-40--125mm-19461.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0O6XorOz7AIVleJ3Ch3lyQxLEAQYBCABEgI4A_D_BwE

something like this?

seems to be this one:

1 Like

It is so cheap, can’t be good :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3d printing is way cheaper…and yet the props work. There’s no need to pay high prices for injection moulded parts like this.

Got an actual link?..

How good is he working?
Do you test theme?

Its the side power 31261. 125mm diameter and uses a prop pin. Some of the others don’t use a pin.
It’s good to have a much cheaper alternative prop for those that just want to get on the water and don’t want to wait!

Number 57693 or 57694 seems to be exactly the prop.

1 Like

They also make dedicated GRP sections for the props. These could very easily be used to make strong ducts for guys wanting protection…

Well its not the above prop but same manufacturer, its customized…it works really efficient for speeds up to 30km/h with 120kv motors and is a good alternative for the hardly available FR prop;-)

Customized how? Customized the price maybe… but the prop looks pretty standard to me!

different mold than the above one…you can as well test the one above… will work as well, just not as perfect for the motors you use;-)

So is the hub modified to make it easier to mount? Can you please be a bit more specific?

Ouch. you guys sure are fast. It’s painful to see the unnecessary middle man cut away five minutes after he’s shown the product.

3 Likes

Well this is a diy forum. !

1 Like

Hi Ackermann,

is your 7inch prop based on the folding prop design from superlefax which he shared recently? Or some other prop wing shape? I am planning on printing the prop as well to gain some experience with a folding prop.

Does anyone have the line to line resistances for the 65162 120KV and 100KV Motors? I am not sure anymore what my maytech labeled motor actually is. Counting the windings may be difficult.

debeam

Hi,

it’s two blade, not folding. The design is different to FR and custom folded one. I think I shared the tinkercad file somewhere already.

Cheerio

There is yet hope for those that purchased motors with the crap shaft.
I have modified mine to now fit the FR prop! It was pretty easy and only took about 20 minutes.
Now I can do a proper comparison with these motors on an identical setup with only different motors.

4 Likes

That’s unfortunately not true. A motor slot that has the same copper fill percent will have the same ri2 losses per torque regardless of kV

This is because a 50kV motor compared to a 100 kV motor needs double amount of wire turns so the cross section of each wire needs to be half and length of wire is double - which gives 4x the resistance.

So how’d it go with the tests?

I guess it’s fair to hgltech to report results as you got a free motor.

Didn’t get the motor free in the end. I paid close to cost price. The 120kv was faster and a better option than the 100kv at the same voltage. I don’t think HGLtech are still selling these though. I think they changed the name to Firduo or something.