How long does your battery works?

The Veloce are hands down the best Gong wings for efoil… I have ridden the L and its both fast and fun.

1 Like

I am the owner of the Veloce M and it is a little bit tricky. But for higher speed the optimum.

I have the same problem! Lifepo4 30 a / h at 60% remote control only 30 minutes. The wings are homemade. The propeller is Chinese pitch 5 inches not trimmed. We need other wings and a propeller.

Great choice with the flite prop. It is not fully as efficient as the FR, but alot cheaper.
Important to understand that wingfoils are non optimal for efoil. Most of us start at 1600sqcm but learn that 20kmh is not enough. Veloce M is a farly good choice also the old RL foil. This year im on 800sqcm flite flyer wing and looking forward to test the race wing later this wing

Today I used the Gong Allvator L-T…it does not take off quickly, but I saw on the remote that 50% power is enough to fly. With my other front wing it was 60% -65% …

I ride today a new Gong Curve PRO MT with a 40 Stab from Gong. FR 6“ Propeller and the half ride a duct. After a while I removed theme.
Here my metr data

Really good touring distance Robert!
Still 81w/km is to much with 17kmh avg speed, you can ptimize alot more:)

Look through the log, there’s a lot of 0kph bringing the average down. If you only look at sections with motor current, the average speed is at least 25kph, probably closer to 30kph. There’s almost no time on the log where he’s foiling under 20kph.

I think the duct will take a lot of watt.
So I hope next time I will be save more energy.
With my old build and the large Gong Alvator L I ride more than 1:30h :thinking:

unbelievable you are right. Today I drove 45min with the battery … hope that the new propeller will come soon then I will probably scratch 60min

Last Saturday I drove 17.8 km according to GPS measurements. I drove/ fly approx. 56 minutes with the new propeller and Gong Alvator L. At the end battery was not complety empty. In fact with the new setup, I only needed 30-40% power to fly. Old setup 60-65%

1 Like

Great that everyone is improving efficiency, since nobody want to carry around large batteries. @nice2cu has the range record now at 21km+

Gain efficiency:
-go slow, 20km/h is more efficient than 30km/h, but more booring

• loose weight😜
  • no duct and efficient prop (FR or flite)
  • ride high! 10cm mast in water is better than 50cm ( see comparison below) thinner mast is better, I ride Axis 19 due to weight.
  • Use high A/R wings. Minimum 6:1, stay around 1000cm2
  • set stab to 0-deg (less front foot pressure = less energy wasted)
  • DO NOT FALL, the starts consume alot😜

Riding Low with Axis 19, flite fuselage & flite flyer wing, stab with 0-shim

Riding extremely high with same setup

1 Like

Great, it won’t take too long and you’ll be able to reduce the energy (or increase the e-foil speed) even more.

The first option (as I mentioned above) is that you can modify the Flite propeller blades a bit by grinding. However, such sanding requires a bit of courage, skill and time. Eventually, however, you have to check the propeller balance on a static propeller balancer. When I have time, I will post a simple tutorial as I have a Flite propeller available.

The other option (very similar to the first option) is that you can similarly modify the shape of the wing (maybe even the rear wing) a bit. However, even this sanding requires a bit of courage, skill and time. However, I think it is easier than with a propeller.

The third option is that of precisely adjusting the angle of attachment of the two wings to the fuselage. It’s very likely that all e-foils (DIY and commercial) have one or both wings more or less misaligned.

The fourth option is absolutely best if you can buy a propeller and wing that I design.

Last weekend i make a tour around our lake.
It was a strong wind and a lot of waves.
I Take care for speed around 30 km/h.
Here are the metr data.

I want realy test for such “enjoy rides” a HA Wing. The Veloce M needs speeds more than 30 km/h to ride stable. I think i can’t reach longer distances than 20 km with theme.

1 Like

Anyone calculated how much drag/ air resistance the rider & board will develop at lets say 30 kmh, might start to have an significant impact?

Hello, if I remember well, drag is proportional to the square of speed (both in the water and in the air). This means that riding at 30 km/h in comparison to 25km/h will lead to a drag 44% higher ( 30^2 / 25^2) and consequently an increase of battery comsumption and reduction of milleage in the same ratio.

My contribution to the battery statistics:
Flipsky 65161 100KV . PROP: Cheap 7.25 x 5” Yamaha trimmed to 150 mm FOIL: GONG ALVATOR L - BATTERY: 12S10P Sanyo NCR18650GA 3350mAh .
Still learning. In my last ride I did 18 km at 20-25 km/h ( 10% batt remaining).
With some basic calculations I think it is 75 Wh/km aprox.
The ride:

44% of the consumption of what drag of parts takes , not the over all , past 20km/h , I would say twice every 10km/h( unless light and skilled )

With my 3 battery types, I have I usually get…

Battery--------Normal ride------Efficient ride
1.1kWh-------35 min-------------45 min 14km (this battery is now obsolete)
2.07kWh-----90 min-------------120 min 27km
2.64kWh-----120 min-----------150 min 37km

These values are just from a few logs I have. These numbers vary a lot depending on the spot I go, big and open water I usually go 30+kph which is not that efficient 70/80Wh/km. If I put on my high ratio wing and really do my best I can get it to foil at 850W at around 19kph what comes down to 45Wh/km. Nevertheless, these continuous foiling trips are not that often, the 2kWh battery’s usually last over 2hr of time on the water and 3hr for the 2.6kWh.

1 Like

Better and better. Yesterday I ride with my Gong Veloce M and some little improvements.
I think it works. Akku rest was 15%. Perhaps I can reach 30 km. I have still some optimation ideas.

2 Likes