@Kian Thank you for that info. I might still go this way. Can you tell me what is outer diameter of JetWave motor?
@Foilguy Lehner doesnt have enough torque to run propeller. Estimating available peak power at 5000 RPM is only 4kW. Max torque is only around 7.5 Nm, while 65161 is 12Nm I think. Regarding foils, I was thinking about XOver too. But they just released a bunch of new foils and I’ll have some questions about that too.
So 65161 is not 12Nm and you don’t need all of that to foil anyway as long as you are using a normal Efoil board. Some people use rifle cases which I believe take a lot more force to get to foiling takeoff speed. I run a Flite prop as many here do on my 65161 motor and would never think about using full power of motor during a start or even while foiling.
Also lots of people are using relatively small outrunners in foil assist builds and occasionally use them in full Efoil mode. I’m thinking they are no more “torgue” capable than your motor.
I admire your thoughtful approach to your build BTW
@Foilguy I am not trying to argue, but Reacher has different data for their motors. Although I can’t understand why they specify 8Nm for delta wired motors and 12Nm for Y wired ones.And I totally trust you that 8Nm would be enough. As for now, motor axis in my design is 85mm above mast edge, that would allow for a 6 inch propeller.
But thanks to @Kian i just ordered JetWave propulsion set. Hopefully I will get it. This is a part of my design that I was most worried about. I was planing to source impeller shaft and some other parts from Misumi EU, but I don’t now whether they sell to individuals. Waterproofing motor shaft is a way more difficult task than waterproofing phase wires. I was planing to use silicon carbide mechanical shaft seal. Such seals are used in water pumps we use at my job and I have never seen a leak.
Do you already know what (V)ESC you are going to use with the motor? @Raul is also experimenting with a JetWave motor. Lets hope he will join this thread too.
@Kian My shipping was 32.99 EUR. I will most likely use MGM controller. They are made for Lehner motors. https://www.mgm-controllers.com/en/20063-x3-series-for-race-boats
They are on the pricier side, but guaranteed to work with Lehner motors. Mr. Lehner told me that I would probably need position sensor to use with Vesc. My motor is already set with shaft hole for 6mm magnet and mounting holes for position sensor. But I hopefully wouldn’t need that.