Motor and electronics for small boat

You right…we are free to believe whatever we want, just like some are free to stick their heads in a hole and ignore reality…

Look, lots of smoke before flames…

Hello. I am also building a small catamaran. I’m fairly new to the brushless/efoil experience. I’m going to attempt 2 waterjet systems using the SSS 56114/500KV 130000W motor. I’m looking for further information on matching an ESC for each of these motors and a throttle mechanism. From what I gather, I’m going to need to waterproof the motor. No?

I think there are multiple references to esc that would work for those motors. Regarding waterproofing, yes you should. There are also multiple sources on how to do that. But you are basically changing stuff that will rust such as bearings and coating the interior of the motor with epoxy. Here is one video on the epoxy coating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFjzSP5Oiw

Super interesting in this too, doesn’t seem to be much online regarding diy electric boats, I want to rig something up to push a small tinny around at 15kts+