Nibblers Build from Germany

Got chased down by the Hong Kong Marine Police last week. Fortunately they couldn’t catch me!

With this in mind I wrote to the Marine Dept. I attach their response.
Mardep%20Efoil

hi Mike

Why did you got chased down by Police? Inside the yacht club or outside the gold coast? Any innovation technology which not approved in Law, then the police will assume it is illegal such as electrical scooter.:sweat_smile:

Hey Alan

Yeah scooter, skateboard, e bike are all illegal. Crazy really given how many cycle paths span the New Territories. The police boats are always hanging around outside the Tuen Mun typhoon shelter. This time I was outside the Marina heading back from Sam Shing. How is it in Sai Kung? I’d love to cruise around there but I remember there are always Police boats hanging around outside Hebe Haven.

Because the Marine police base is near the Hebe Haven. :laughing: I play it nearshore of Tai Mong Tsai. It still ok here.

Hey.
This weekend I was on the water again and I had some problems with my Mast clamp. And I nearly lost my pod to the depth :joy:. But fortunately I added a safty screw 2 weeks ago. The whole pot was flooded and and didn’t even noticed it. There was no lack of power or other problems. I heard that some people killed their esc with that. But for me it seems all is still fine
After the disalsmbly I checked all parts. And espacialy the nema 23. As far as I can see thee were no signs of damage and use. It looked like it has on the first day. I think in total I used it for about 10h.
I also did some measurements while I was on the water last time.
Max amps was 65 while starting with full throttle and about 30 to 35 amps at full speed. I think it was about 20kmh but I did not measure it.
Minimal foiling amps were about 20.
It seems that the gong foil is efficient.

Regards
Chris

1 Like

Hi, I am also intrested in the nema gearbox, what size needle bearings did you use?

Hey,
I used this bearings: HK0609

Which Nema 23 gearbox did you use?

This 5:1
https://www.ebay.de/i/323830611320?chn=ps&var=512841905357&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-134425-41852-0&mkcid=2&itemid=512841905357_323830611320&targetid=529282757657&device=c&adtype=pla&googleloc=1004363&campaignid=1669295905&adgroupid=63847510759&rlsatarget=pla-529282757657&abcId=1139676&merchantid=7364532&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjsXZ8Ye64wIVR1XTCh2JzQrOEAQYAiABEgJyVvD_BwE

@Nibbler

I have tried to use the Alien sport 2 350A but it did not last long. It died after a few months. Not sure why, maybe poor quality.

Most of my Alien hardware do not last.

Ohh OK. Thats not good to hear. At the moment I won’t use it anyway. The seaking is performing very well because if have max 65 amps at starting. And 20 to 30 maps while foiling.
Thank you for the information.

1 Like

Hey,
im getting better slowly :wink: The gong foil is fast enough for beginners. I reached 28kmh max and it was very hard to control for me.
I think i have build a solid low amp setup because my battery lasts nearly one hour if i ride at an avarage of 15 to 20kmh. The kort nozzle from kenzen RC seem to be efficient. I used this one

So this gives me 3 hours of fun xD

Regards
Chris

2 Likes

How did you drill the gears, because it looks like they are hardened? I tried it on my lathe but no succes.

Hey. Sorry for the late reply.
Mine were not hardened.

Hello together,
it has been a long time since i was in this forum.
Since i had no time to foil much and progress on my board, i thought about to sell my stuff.
Board, Batteries, Charger and so on.
Im sorry if the post is in the wrong place. But i thought if someone is interested he just can scroll up :wink:
If thers any interest just write me a PM :wink:

BR
Chris

Hi, how much do You want for this stuff? Im getting ready to start my own project and it may help my to make it comes true!
regards
stan

Hey i worte to you in PM. You can find it on the right top side.

BR
Chris