Raiden7 overheat issues

The saga continues…

I just got a message from paypal saying they are reversing the refund because ZESC notified paypal that I did not return the item - even though they posted photos of the item on this forum.

What say you @zesc?? Are you trying to destroy your company?

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

1 Like

Will share on esk8 forum ect

What I do find interesting is that there are some users that have no issues with their zesc. The only time I’ve have seen phase or power cables desolder on efoils is with shorting of motor phases meaning so much instantaneous current the esc can’t thermally shut off in time.
The biggest issues with returns are when cooling mods are made or escs submerged. When I’ve blown and esc like that I don’t even bother trying to get it replaced because I know I’ll waste more time fighting than the esc is worth.

I’ve had connectors desoldered some times in my early days, common three factors were poor motor control, high current setting and a bad prop

Yes well personally I have a big issue with this kind of shity PayPal move and supplier lying through their teeth. Good to let others know to stay away. I had good experience with Maker X and Flipsky.

3 Likes

Overheating is also depending on the board volume you use. During the take-off phase, the Raiden cannot cope with the peak current demanded by a board that is too small.

Fact is that the Raiden7 does not meet the specs where it was originally sold for. The vendor acknowledged that and downgraded the specs… A full refund is not that weird in this case.

1 Like

That should result in a recall and allow anyone that’s not happy to return it.

1 Like

My board is just around 70L and it has no problem coping with my 95kg.

1 Like

This is what I’ve seen too. A few guys having no issues and then some other having issues. Is it a setup problem or a design flaw. Either way once you start submerging electronics the warranty becomes questionable…

I’ve used the 75200 and the G300 with
out issue. Same motor, same prop, same cooling. Same set up of the vesc with same currents limits and detections methods.

The Raiden would over heat and thermal throttle from cold in 15 seconds at 100amps. That is with a 1kg aluminium head sink. When warm it was even worse.

The problem I have, and why I would like a refund is that I was running within the documented specs when purchased (which have now been reduced)

This is PayPal’s decision.

Mark said that if you don’t give refund, I will post everything on web. He also said that I will not return ESC, until you accept refund.
He didn’t even give us a chance to do inspection before making any decision. His bad attitude made us angry. If you didn’t threaten us, maybe the result is different.

I will certainly never by a product from your company with such an attitude… Mark is a trusted member on this forum and it is pretty clear to me it is you who has a bad attitude and an execrable customer service. Mark is also not the first person reporting this type of issue

1 Like

Well here’s your issue and I can guarantee its going to result in loss of sales.

Your emotions are completely irrelevant to correctly providing product support!
Mark can literally screenshot this and show PayPal that simply because your were angry you didn’t honour the refund which you said you would if he returned the product.

Now an entire forum knows how you run a company and probably won’t touch your products…
It’s a pity because your watercooled version did look interesting.

Read back through this thread. We were communicating in private via email until you decided to start posting here. I have given you plenty of opportunities. This is your own doing. Good luck.

We have sold hundreds of R7, but you are the only one reported terminal falling off. We don’t see any burning sign on PCB. We don’t see any solder balls. Even we solder terminal back, the esc still works fine. We don’t believe it’s a quality issue until second people or more have the same issue.

But did you provide a test showing it can be run at the original claimed specs… If you haven’t, you don’t have a leg to stand on!
Also you can sell 1 mil units and have a single one fail… All its proves is that you should either refund or replace the one that failed.
It would blow my mind if anyone on this forum ever bothers supporting you again…

You clearly don’t know how to run a company and customer service…

3 Likes

So how did the terminal fall off? I certainly didn’t bring a soldering iron 1km offshore with me.

If it was mechanically pulled off without heat would it not have damaged the PCB and lift the traces?

1 Like

@ZESC : Oh, how wonderfully you are screwing yourself over. Emotions have no place in business - what you’ve done up to now is to prove that you will not honor a normal warranty. Because of how this case is handled i would not buy from you, and i wouldn’t recommend anyone to do it.

Since you have lowered this esc’s specification on your site you have practically said ”yes, we agree that the original current in the specification was too high”

Take your loss, give @Strongarm his money back. It won’t cause an avalanche of other claims like you’re afraid it might - what you are doing here could hurt your business for a long time in the future

1 Like

I had considered trying the pro but now after seeing this i will never support your company and neither will any of my colleagues.

3 Likes