What Happened to VEFoil

Has anyone ridden an Audi eFoil? Is it any good?

Looks sexy as hell but the rear wing don’t look like it’ll do much for stability/empennage… And why is the mast at an angle?

I reached out to one of his associates who said something was still in the works but was vague. Honestly I think it’s probably tough to start a Canadian eFoil company as they go against current Transport Canada regulations. It’s possible he’s waiting for that to change, but regardless the silence is deafening.

The Audi eFoil was never mass produced, it was an engineering showcase project from some Audi e-tron engineers.

Definitely some cool video out there.

It’s an old design though, especially with the angled mast and small wing - hopeful that this new company they are spinning off will produce something competitive, although from my understanding it will in line with Lift/Flite for price and materials

I believe his website was updated somewhat recently! He pivoted from the crowd funded diy design to a commercial project, so he’s probably dealing with all the logistics that is a commercial project.

Mr. VEFoil If you read this I’m very interested in designing a proper jet based efoil on my own but i have some really interesting ideas for improving them with some control systems ( my background is in mechatronics) and honestly i just want to get into this as cheaply as possible (and legally in Canada, I’m local) maybe we could work something out

On the website we can read this so something is supposed to happen in a couple of weeks.

201025 Late 2020

Let’s see if this happens