3D-printed folding propeller

Can you upload the remixed file @thingiverse too?

Don’t have an account there, I’ll upload to grabcad, why thinginverse?

To have it in one place. But it’s not that important

Any body modify this for other motors and different pitch or size of the propellers ?

I modified it for APS 63100: 3D design V4_folding_prop_base_63100 | Tinkercad
It works with blades shortened to 145mm diameter but can certainly be optimized for this motor (only tested once).

2 Likes

OP, have you had a chance to test it more or make any more modifications?
Anyone modify it for the 12mm threaded shaft yet?

Hi guys,
stupid question from a newbe.
Can 3d printed props really withstand the loads of a 6kWmotor spinning at full throttle?
What material would be used?
Thanks,
Toom

Don’t think anyone is using 6kW here, but answer is Yes!
Using PLA currently, also tried PETG but the prints weren’t so nice with that.

Is there any video of foiling with a 3d printed folding propeller?

1 Like

I think @Flightjunkie just released a video some days ago on YouTube.

1 Like
1 Like

@superlefax thanks for sharing:

3 Likes

2 layers of unidirectional carbon fibre on that prop would seem appropriate :wink:

Thank you for sharing your design.
Can you check the link you posted, because it seems like it’s no longer valid.
@Larsb did you make a version that fits the 80100 yet ?
Cheers

Does anyone have the files for this? Looks like an excellent way to increase efficiency, would love to give it a try and provide feedback

Homework…

Ah yes but the download links are broken, I wondered if anyone had downloaded them before and still had them to share. Its not the end of the world if I have to design my own, I just dont really know how to optimize it

You could design a folded three blade, that would be new and maybe worth a try

Hi @FoilBorne, unfortunately all my 3D printed versions failed after some days of using. Somehow it holds up a few times and than the propeller broke every time.

I now optimised the whole propeller and hub again and will release an industrial manufactured one for the DIY community. I made 3 versions for FR Motor and the two Flipsky motors. But I still need some time for testing.

6 Likes

A 3d printed mould which can be used for carbon/glass prop blades might be a stronger option.

Are the Foil Assist props fdm 3d printed?