65161 maintenance

As many of us using 65161 motors I am using it also for almost 3 years. So I am planning to replace rubber seals bearings and ceramic seal this winter. Before I taking it apart I woud like to have spare parts before. Do any have links for purchasing spare parts rubber seals, bearings and ceramic seal?

2 Likes

I’ve seen Ceramic seal linked previously here if you search for it. (O-rings are easier, standard parts so could be sourced from wherever.)

Yeah, man is somewhere on forum I sow it before also but can’t find it. I opened this thred so that can easier find parts for maintaining 65161, could be useful and for other members…

2 Likes

Maybe you can request after-sales service from buyer who you bough from.

I tried to find it on the site too but couldn’t, maybe ask flipsky for it?

Asked already (flipsky shop on aliexpress) , they asking 70$ for set with shipping. 55$ without shipping. Also asked them to tell me price for each part but they don’t wont gave me that info. Just to pay with points 70$ and they will send to me. As for expirience I don’t like to buy something wihout knowing what is it… On the other sources for example ceramic seal is max 1-2€ rubber seal can’t be more…

That’s nice from you . You may create listing on your website shop. I will make purchase. I am sure that other members will make purchase also. Also you can include in listings bearings too. This is very popular and good motor. With proper maitenance can last…

2 Likes

Awesome service! Well done

3 Likes

Glad to hear, and thank you for your complimentary comments about our motor.
But I can offer limited service for you on this spare part listing, not good for our manufacturing brand actually.

3 Likes

What a great subject. Mine has been going for 1.5 years and I was thinking of doing it before it goes wrong. I will be following this like. Well Done

1 Like

Hi, my motor (edit: Flipsky 120kV) ran for two summers and then the bearings started keeping noise. After a week of not foiling the prop shaft was stuck, and could be forced to move again but some maintenance seemed to be in order. I have partly disassembled the motor, but am stuck with the backplate now. I got the rotor out and it has clearly taken some water in from the prop shaft, but just enough to kill the bearings.

Anyone know how I should pull the backplate apart without damaging it?

Is my prop shaft gasket the old and bad type? The bearing marking may not be obvious from the image, it’s NSK 6001V.

Backplate:

Prop shaft stack:

Here you can find some info: Replacing Wires on Flipsky Motor - #2 by vajsi

1 Like

I decided to do my annual checks to see if everything is OK.

My seal has held up OK with no sign of water beyond the bearing but a few drops of water past the seal, the bearing was not as smooth as I expected, time for a new bearing, shaft seal and O ring.

Details of the bits removed.

• Bearing NSK 6001DDU 28mm x 12mm x 8mm, this is a standard deep groove with contact rubber seals.

• O ring, 45mm inside diameter, 2.5mm cross section diameter, material is a very soft rubber.

• Shaft seal, think I need to order one from ebay like this one and give it a try, see if its the correct size.

This is what I removed. At the time it was the new seal arrangement, it looks different from yours Kooma75 as yours has an extra metal disc??

1 Like

On both of my motors I notice corrosion

on top bearing, after 3 year of using first motor filled with wuert corosion and second one was filled with crc 6-66 it was left few drops of oil. There no others corosion signs. I filled now both of them with mineral oil. All time I am using my efoils in salt wather. Conclusion, I will do maintenance onice per year and periodically change bearings.
You can find parts at any online shop. I purchased mine from Aliexpress
Bearings NSK 6001 DDU
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtvtN4c
Rubber seal ID 45mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM3tJvW
Ceramic seal 12mm edit: you have to choose 12mm d7-26mm

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mryCYqM

4 Likes

Thanks for the links, I need to order a set as well. The metal disc was between the gasket and the bearing in my motor. I am not sure if it adds value or not.

1 Like

You can use metal disc again, the maintenance you may do while motor is mounted on mast. It’s not necessary to remove back plate, bottom bearing you can remove with puller…

I’ve just started to take mine apart, I had to drill out one of the bolts that hold the prop spacer on as it was seized to find a lot of salt build up behind it. To then find that all the bolts that hold the end plate on are now seized :man_facepalming:. I don’t know whether to just put up with the noise I carry on using it till it goes bang or try drill them out :grimacing:

Couldn’t resist!

It was definitely letting water in, as all the corrosion x had escaped and there was water trapped between the seal and the bearing.

Im going to have some fun trying to get those threads out, I’ve not got much to play with…

1 Like

Wow, yeah, that’s going to be tricky.

Good job with the drilling you’ve done already, nice and centered.

I’m thinking if I get some nuts, M3 i think? and screw them on to the remanding couple of threads then fill the rest up with the mig welder, the heat will help loosen up the threads and hopefully be able to loosen them off. I’m only going to get one shot at it though I think so :crossed_fingers: