72 124 waterproof motor 12 slot 10 poles. Available for testing!

Usually, one needs to convert such reassuring words into a shipping date. A commitment date is what you need today.

Update from the manufacturer in typical chinese style:

ā€œIt can be sent before September 10ā€

OK, letā€™s see then. At least a fixed date :grinning:

A progress photo:

Hope to receive a tracking number from china this week.

8 Likes

Itā€™s like looking at an ultrasound of your child. Canā€™t wait to get mine!

1 Like

Only better: if it turns not like you want it, you can always ā€œrewindā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello.

im interested in getting a custom motor made for myself for a very different project and was wondering who you got to make these motors for you in such low volumes.

Can you provide their web page / contact ?

No I will not provide contacts.

But maybe I can arrange it for you. What kind of a motor do you need?
The first prototype is way more expensive.

Here you go http://m.en.hobiba.cn/

2 Likes

Have you been able to rewind one youserlf ? How was it done with the casing ? any picture of this ?

Even if you find a company to make you a custom motor, there is no way you will make the first one for less than a few thousands $, unless you just have to change a few parameters from something already produced :wink:

Thatā€™s true.(regarding a new custom motor)

Rewinding:

1. take the caps off.
  2. press the stator out of the tube.
  3. rewind
  4. put everything back in reverse order
2 Likes

If youā€™ve spent 2000$ for your first prototype and make a 60usd margin per motor, you ā€œjustā€ need to sell 25 motors to amortize the first prototype which is ā€œdoableā€. Youā€™re already half way :wink:

@Manufoil, http://en.hobiba.cn is a nice camouflage. They are manufacturing efoil motors for Flipsky, Maytech, HGLT, ā€¦ but their site seems to have not been updated since 2017 :thinking:

Well thatā€™s in theory :slight_smile:

1. there is no 60USD margin since the quantity is below 50 (minimum run)
  2. out of 8 ordered 6 are sold, 1 goes to @ELEVATE.rocks in exchange for an old RL wing set, and one for me.
    So as you all will agree its just a very expensive hobby.
3 Likes

An outrunner produced in small series costs around ā‚¬ 50, an inrunner around ā‚¬ 60
Greetings Frank

Iā€™d like to get that company contact?
what size of batch is then required?

I have previously designed some motors but realised i dinā€™t have enough time or money to prototype. If batch is not too large at 60ā‚¬ then iā€™d just do it :grinning:

It seems Iā€™m being ripped off then. @JetboardCologne can you arrange 10 units of my motor for 600 USD?

2 Likes

A well constructed outrunner consists of 2 turned parts. 15 to 20, -
Stator sheet 3 to 5, - ā‚¬
Changing 10, -
Magnets 5, -
5, ball bearings
These were my production costs a few years ago, until I owned the company to a competitor.
With the exception of good stator lamination, you can find good suppliers in every city.

And no, I only manufacture engines if I feel like doing it :blush:
Greetings Frank

I see no profit margin(have you been manufacturing and selling motors for 50 - 60EUR?) in this calculation, no taxes, and most importantly no MOQ.
As a manufacturer would you ever agree to such pricing for a order of 10 units? In my experience if a manufacturer hears about an order for less then a 100 parts they kindly send you to hellā€¦

I agree that BOM price of a motor can be 50 - 60 EUR but that has little to do with the price one has to pay a manufacturer for a very small batch of custom motors.