80100 direct cooling

It also depends on the KV value, my 63100 has kv135.

@manif: Please note that i have a bit of a tough setup: board is 145cm/80L, no streamlined shape. total weight 130kg, wing 1200cm2. It’s natural that 63100 doesn’t create as much torque as the 80100, I think it will be enough when i get a more suited propeller. Now it doesn’t run efficiently, probably because the 63100 saturates earlier than the 80100, i can’t run the same prop. Testing tomorrow with smaller prop. I can upload it if it’s an OK propeller.

That would be great thanks

So i went out with the 63100 this evening, with the new prop i could easily get up so this motor should have enough torque for most tasks. I had a lot of cavitation issues but the prop was also straight from the 3d-printer😀

The chinese spec info was incorrect as always, i measured the motor and kV was 125, not 140 and inductance and phase resistance was also incorrect. I shouldn’t even have looked on the site before programming my controller…

1 Like

I tried Volkers two blade today, that’s a good option for a 63100 - it was better than my prop so i won’t upload.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. So far it seems like an iteration of volkers 2 blade is the leading candidate for ‘1st bronze foldable prototype’ unless anyone else comes up with a better alternative.

1 Like

I know it is an old post :smile: but why using the gel coat after epoxy? Epoxy is not enough?
If gel coat is better for corrosion can we use only gel coat?

Gelcoat does not work well with epoxy as they are chemically incompatible and the gelcoat will not stick properly.