80100 Duct for Safety

@Mat as my esc should arrive in the Text Week i was wondering why 4 +/- cables come out of the flier esc. Do I need to solder them together - -and ++ or just connect the battery to one +/- cables.

And do you have any tips for me that I don’t blow a esc again up. The flier is well overpowered but I’m still sceptic.

Thanks

this is to share the current between the wires (smaller diameter is easier to bend, solder, etc.), so connect the red wires in parallel to + and the black ones to - .

1 Like

So all the positives together and all negatives? Correct?

yes, for the battery connection.

In my case I just used 1 of each… easier to solder a bullet connector at the end…
We’re so far from the max amps that 2 wires are not really needed.

1 Like

Best to put a tube over motor that allows water cooling but provides stable foundation for the guard, perhaps an idea.

And did you have some test runs and pleas could you share the files with me.

Thanks

I’m still waiting that my friend gets my board finished. Hopefully I can test the setup in about one week.

Ok nice just tell us when it works

Just letting you know @Felixfoiler , I tried using 2 YEP120A HV ESC’s with my 80100 and both blew up. You aren’t doing anything wrong, the YEP 120A ESC’s simply can’t handle the current the 80100 draws and no matter what you do with timing or active freewheeling, they still lose sync above a certain rpm of the motor in my experience. As long as your solder joins are solid you will have no problem with the Flier 400a!

1 Like

Thanks nice to hear that this was my right decision next week my 400a flier should arrive

1 Like

Are you able to finally test it with and without the duct? Could you share the fusion 360 files?

Good question,
nice that you are here!

I’m still facing issues with my VESC + 80100 motor. I could not do decent measurings yet.

What type of filament are you using for the prop and duct? Abs, pla?

For the duct I used ASA-X, it is fairly strong and UV resistant. As I’m still int the building process I haven’t used it, so I can’t tell if it lasts.

2 Likes

Could you send me how its mounted onto the 80100 and the building plans please? Thx

Have you Made some Progress?

Hi Felix,

sorry for letting you wait. I could now try the pod. The duct is very stiff and does not vibrate while flying.
But: The propeller is way to large. I could not manage to have a proper consumption. I also think that the huge rotating surface adds even more friction. It should give you an idea how it can maybe be realised. I think the key is to change the propeller.
I’m now going a different road with peters motor. The duct with his setup is working quite nice and does not take that much power than my ducted outrunner version.
As promised please find the whole assembly of my 80100 pod:

2019_12_28_201_outrunner_propulsion.stp

2 Likes

Thanks

Im also going a different road now. I will change to a flipsky 100/120kv inrunner. Waterproof easy to mount a duct and more efficient then anything would be with the 80100 motor.

Thanks anyways