A few questions from a new member πŸ˜€

Hello,

I am new to building although I build rc model planes. Battery, esc, motor. But not waterproof. I bought an empty Takuma V2 board and want rebuild it again. Gong foil, flipsky motor, esc?. The battery will be the biggest challenge. And the box for the esc :grinning:.

Also buying on Aliexpress is scary. Is there an european alternative?

My main questions:

A waterproof esc or a flipsky with a waterproof box
Flipsky motor but which propellor
Battery 13s10p

Which waterproof connectors are common?

All other tips from people with a Takuma board are More than welcome

What size of Takuma is it? Maybe a few photos would help

It would also help if you could explain your intended use case. Flat water cruising or big wave carving etc.

It is a Takuma cruising v2. There is enough space for the esc and a battery. I think the compartiment is not waterproof, therefore Inneed a good box for the esc. For the battery I have to think.

The foil will beva gong and Inthink that will fit.

Here are a few answers to get you started

A waterproof esc or a flipsky with a waterproof box
you will need to consider how the esc is cooled. It looks like that Takuma board has a metal plate where the Takuma esc was kept? It looks like a passive cooling solution (as opposed to water cooled). I would try to take advantage of that, probably a regular Flipsky esc in a metal junction box

Which waterproof connectors are common
Amphenol Surlok connectors are a good option, a bit expensive though. There are also some DIY solutions on the forum

Flipsky motor but which propellor
will depend on which motor you choose, the 65161 (with threaded shaft!) is the most common choice for efoil. There are quite a few propeller options for it:
-Fliteboard propeller, bored out to fit the flipsky motor shaft. It’s a popular choice because it’s inexpensive and easy to adapt. I use this on a Flipsky motor and it’s worked quite well.
-FlyingRodeo - good props, machined aluminium, they have versions made for Flipsky motors
-PropellerKing - support a forum member, he has versions made for Flipsky motors
-3D print your own - could be the cheapest option if you have a printer, or send a file to a printing service. There are file links on the forum if you search enough

Thank you very much! I decided to go for the flipsky 71200 passive cooled because the board has indeed the aluminum plate. One last question. I can find a aluminium case or metal box that is waterproof but I will search the net again.

I ordered a flipsky motor with the white prop. Hope this is ok or I will print one.

I will build a battery I bought the box recommended in this forum, from Germany.

Step by step we will come to a build. Again thank you. Much appreciated

Never heard of a 71200??? Can you provide a link?

What model of motor did you buy? Lots come with a white prop.

The props that Flipsky provides with its motors do not work well for efoiling. @S_Roger provided you with a good list of options.

Oh that white prop Flipsky includes has been discussed on this forum before. Maybe I should have mentioned it. Consensus is that it is oversized for the motor but can be cut down to a smaller diameter to perform better. Flipsky has more recently started to sell different black (nylon?) props, but I haven’t seen anyone provide feedback on how well they work.