Ant BMS eats voltage - any ideas what I can do? 43V at the batt., 28V out of BMS

We look at the bms temperature in the application in the column “temperature of mosfets”. It is set to 75C. I somehow overheated the cells themselves in hot weather and the bms turned off the battery, but the bms itself never overheated!

I solved my issue with the different voltages that came out of the ANTBMS.

Unfortunately I had to install the original ANT app which is not available in the official Google Play Store (and therefore suspicious in my mind).

The great VBMS app does not yet work with the newer models of the Ant BMS.

The solution: no clue. I resetted the BMS, put in all relevant parameters and voilà … it worked. I think the reset was the magic tool.

My next step: setting up the VESC.

Thanks so far for your support.

Best
Christof

My BMS would overheat at 2 miles consistently before I realized what was going on. 75 degree C built in temperature limit - not adjustable. But since I started bypassing the BMS I’ve put over 400 miles on the board and counting. Unfortunately I used the cheapest Samsung 18650’s I could find and they reach 60 degrees C (recommended limit) after 11 miles so that is my current limiting factor

For the next season, I redesigned the battery case. Added aluminum inserts for better cooling!

1 Like

Looks awesome, really!