Any best way to apply the Loctite 648 for glueing the pinion on the motor shaft ? Do you have to slightly sand the shaft ? Need a primer ? Alcohol ?
I just ordered it, but now I am reading that Loctite 680 is a better fit for this specific use … Dôh… Super expensive though !
Loctite® 680 Retaining Compound - Gives best resistance to dynamic, axial and radial loads. Recommended for retaining shafts, gears, pulleys, and similar cylindrical parts
The way i did it
- little sanding on the shaft , acetone clean and dry
- pinion : acetone clean and dry
- measure the distance between the bottom of pinion and the bottom of the flange screwed to the gearbox , in order that the top of the pignon is flush to the gear of the gearbox
- put glue on the Shaft and in the pinion
- twist the pignon on the shaft at once no stop allowed, all the way , stopping at 2-5mm from the motor depending of the thickness of the fange
I used the one sold with the gearbox