Super advice, kudo !
So from what you say, if foiler is not to heavy, efficiency could be better and draw less amp.
I am doing wingfoil and have multiple foil size.
For my efoil beginning, I will be building a “foil assist” not fully integrated like the build here.
I would like to go gradually from my wingfoil board I have to a complete mod DIY mod next winter.
I come from Ardupilot ecosystem for drone/plane and have some knowledge in RC/Battery/telemetry but I didn’t find to much info on logging here. I read about Metr but didn’t find which model you use. Could you be kind enough to share which logger model (link)do you use please because most model seem discontinued ?
So because I build multiple battery without BMS with success for Plane and I have reliable SKYRC charger, I would like to start with 2 pack 6S10P > 6S14P in serial.
I don’t know BMS and read so much bad think about them. But from what you wrote above, 60A BMS is enough - it was a non-sense initially when I read this previoulsy to your message due to theorical AMP motor (200A) but now I understand the choice of 60A BMS.
My board is a Fanatic 105L and I’m 85kg with Fanatic Wing from 2000 to 1300 surface area. The good choice will be to limit the drag so 1305 will be the good fit (The one I use in low wind and high wind almost eveytime this year).
I’m also in the middle of thinking about how to take this 1st step, and it’s clearly the battery that’s the hardest part, along with its waterproof case + waterpump, which I’ll probably be designing in solidworks over the next few weeks.
Thanks again !
Jean