Battery for Maytech 300A ESC 9kW motor

I’m trying to build an efoil with the Maytech kit but I have doubts regarding the batteries. I’m looking for preassembled batteries. (I’m not expert enough to build my own pack.)
My understanding is that for a 300A ESC I would need a 300A battery pack… But this seems a lot, and all the packs I find have 50A BMSs which would limit the motor power to 1/6 of the full power.
Is this correct? How many amps should the battery provide? Do I really need a 300A BMS battery pack? If so, can you give me some links or recommendations?
Has somebody built an efoil with Maytech kit and preassembled battery pack with good results? Which one?
Thanks for any help.

Two things : amp from the battery and amp from the motor ( esc rated as well apparently )

And in between : duty ( your finger on the trigger )

Without getting in details too much : 10A on battery with 10% on duty = 100A motor ( if needed )

10A battery at 100% duty = 10A motor

If the controller is a vesc type you can set the max value : for start around 100A , flying around 40A , it can be less or much depending on weight , wing tips , battery voltage , speed …

But your controller cannot really limit this , so if you pull full trigger from start it can see more than 200A do that why its rated 300A ( at least it is written on it )

Depending on yours skills and riding style you will need at least a 150A bms ( so there will be not cut for start , even if you can get away with less , numbers are most of the time over rated) and a battery that can give the same

So for the battery that were you get the C rating = discharge capacity , 3C , 5C …

A 5C battery can give 5 times it s capacity ( that is what use for the Samsung 30Q) : so a 30A battery rated 5C will be able to feed the 150A if need

Of course you can go with a 15A 10C battery but you will loose in riding time
Or you can go with a 75A 2C battery : ride forever but way to heavy

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation Alexandre, so I really need a 150A BMS and I understand the C rating concept to dimension the battery.
Any suggestions/recommendations or links of preassembled batteries with a 150A BMS that have proven good for efoil application?

Thanks