Bens Spanish E-Foil Build

Not sure how much difference the 120kv makes. But the FR prop is know to be brilliant.

I’m looking out for an AMP meter with logging.
Chime in if anyone knows of any.

I will receive it soon and can compare it

The 120kv or the FR prop?

You can try to make it via the charger. But you need to make sure to exactly know the foiling time. Maybe do a video with gopro etc and the in post you stop the time and compare with the charged Wh into the battery.

Hi.

I foil non stop for 18.5 miles at Max range speed for 1h12m, or 1h20m at Max endurance speed for 16 miles. Look at the average speed. Setup- 14s14p 30Q, no duct, 2 blade folding prop, slingshot infinity 76 wing, FR motor.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

What’s your end voltage per cell after that ride, 3.2/3.3v ish?.

I still need to build some confidence before going 9+ miles one way lol… That’s a long swim :joy:

Hi.

Voltage alarm is set to 3.0v. I came in when the alarm went off. Because it’s 3.0v under load, when I go to charge the pack it’s always around 3.2v per cell.

1 Like

I go at 8am. I got all day to get back to shore. :rofl:

And I have a watch with built in cell phone in case I need to call for rescue!

But, yea. I did about a dozen rides before I had the confidence to do these long runs. So much fun exploring. :desert_island::surfing_man:

I went for long rides too but there is always this anxiety of your efoil breaking down halfway haha… The joy of DIY😂

Thanks for the Info. So you need about 1670W at 25 km/h and 1340W at 20 km/h

What exactly is the “FR motor” and "FR Prop? Flipsky? Maytech?

FR stands for Flying Rodeo.

cool buid ben! starting my build very soon! how did you waterproof the motor cable entry into the mast? couldnt find this information anywhere on this forum. Thanks for the help

As the motor is water proof along with the cables, into the mast from the motor I just used some silicon.

For the last plate - box seal, I made my own seal from a 2 part silicon mix.

I made a 3D model and printed this to make the mold for this seal.

5 Likes

WOW very cool! will give it a try if i can find the right silicon mix. Thanks!

Made one, had to adapt it a bit to fit the RL Wing. Considering the rather thin material, it works quite well.

Hi Ben, Do you have the stl file for your mast gasket?

I do, but its custom for the base of my Tub, and the way my wires are run in the mast. - not sure how much use this will be to you.