BMS Recommendations

Is there a BMS that people recommend out there that would integrate with the VESC? Reading the forum, it feels like everyone is anti-BMS with a story and photos of a fire. With a 14s10p p42a pack destined for my foil, I feel like that is large enough to warrant some ability to monitor it since it will live 6 months of a year in my basement during the winter season.

I like to think in failure modes. The primary thing I want it to do is balance charge the cells in a reasonable amount of time, even if I don’t reach a full 4.2v, and limit the output if the pack temp gets too hot (even if it relies on the VESC actually to limit it via CAN). Bonus points for being able to switch off the outputs completely and not drain the battery over the winter below safe levels.

The TLDR: I need this to be spouse-approved, and I need some recommendations for reliable BMS options.

Been using LLT bms on a few builds with zero issues.

Ant bms and daly bms on the other hand, had a few that broke and seen a lot of failed ones on the forums.

JK brand bms seems to be working well too, popular in diy solar, but i never used it.

If you want an integrated bms, then the VESC bms looks nice. Didn’t try it, too pricey for me.
That the vesc rolls back power based on input from the bms (instead of cutting it) for non critical issues is unique but the way that it should always work, that’s a great feature of such a setup.