Boards for eFoil

Hi VeFoil,
In picture board-11, down the center line, what is the purpose/function of the narrower divinycell/PVC block behind the block that will accommodate the foil track boxes? Is it for leash plug on deck?
Thanks,
liv2surf

It was going to be large sup fin, but we ended up not doing it as it gets in the way for jet surfing.

We do have a leash attachment on the top of the board

Of course it was for a center fin. So I guess it was going to be for a box for the ‘large SUP fin’. If board was being used for jet foiling, I don’t see how the empty box would get in the way. The board looks great!

Your right it would be fine empty, there was some confusion about the fin with the factory and they finished the board graphics without putting in that fin box so we just left it as (no center fin) for this prototype to keep things moving forward as we would be either efoiling or jet surfing with the board. Its got 4 other fins boxes already.

How far back did you put the mastmount on the board? I´ve heard people talking about 48 cm from the back of the board to the middle of the foilmount.
Center of gravity is bit front of the middle on front wing (what I´ve heard) And knowing that I can see that it would be about 20 cm in front of the middle of the mast of my LF kite foil.
So the middle of my stance would be 68 cm from the back of the board. Would not that be to far forward? Also the prop i pushing the nose up on the board.

When I measured on images of Lifts efoil board I got it to about 27 cm from the back to the middle of the mast.

I had the same question see this thread

Yeah on windsurfing foils I think they´ve made it compatible as so you could use it on a board with a standard tuttle or deep tuttlebox. I will try to measure my friends windsurfing foil with my kite foils and see if distance between the mast and the front wing is the same. I know that my friends fuselage is super long compared with my Moses Vorace.

1 Like

You’re right, the windsurfing foils are about 100mm further forward of the mast. Thats the difference between the naish windsurf foil and the SUP foil. Same year.

You can see here where to locate foil mounts: FoilMount Hydrofoil Mounting Position Guide – FoilMount.com

Yes but these guidelines are for surf, kite, windsurf and SUP and not for efoils.

2 Likes

I also asked myself the same question, after seeing that I am not an E-foil pro I will follow what has been indicated on the forum and approved by some rider like Pacificmeister and others is 25% of the size of your board (from the back of the board to the axis of the mat) But if it was my only problem … I just suffered a failure on the tightness of the remote control JeffM …

1 Like

Hi VeFoil. Did you use the Foilmount? If so, any problems so far? Cheers

Yes we use the FoilMount system on a couple of our board with no issues at all.

For positioning on an efoil, we used the FoilMount guidlines for placement and stuck with the shortest distance from the backmofnthe board they recomended. We can slide out mast forward and back even with wires so we have 5” of slide to adjust of we want to alter where we stand on our board as well.

LEDs on the bottom. Awesome! I had the same idea. Imagine how cool you would look when night riding.

1 Like

I think a black board with the NightRider red lights going back and forth would kick ars!!
Who didn’t like that show back in the day…

2 Likes

Indeed @VeFoil But Knight Industries could produce no e-foil though. Pretty lame when you think about it today.

ya no kidding!
I want a board that runs on a watch and I just say “Lets Foil!” and it picks me up and takes me for a journey with some turbo boosts and super persuit mode when outrunning the police :slight_smile:

Please don’t recommend foil mount for e-foil diy builders… there are several pictures and examples on this forum of these double–sided tape-foilmounts that delaminate boards. Even tho you had no problems with it, does not neccicarly make it a good solution for diy builders…

2 Likes

Every product has the potential to damage something and there many variables that go into each specific situation. Some boards are much tougher than others, and you can’t really expect a large SUP wing to work on a foilmount without likely over stressing a board not designed for foiling.

What your saying is like everyone should stop recommend things that don’t work well like using seaking 130 ESC because they overheat and have damage parts of many users electrical box, etc… Reality is most parts used on the for forum have damaged boards/setups or simply don’t work in general.

But yes, I will not mention foilmounts solution again if me answering sometimes questions about them bothers you that much Hiorth.

3 Likes

Hey, MaxMaker, youre right, but the video lacks from other forces involved, lift, that usually is 10 times greater than drag.You ever wonder why the foils are structurally so strong? well heres some sort of an answer: enormous forces!
why? quick answer, rideability!
Long nerd answer, having the wing 2.5°(typical) relative angled to the tail generate a huge moment, you counteract this by weight and traction, and you end with the COG well ahead of front wing and a high value of longitudinal stability derivative that make yout board rideable.
Regards
Rick