Boards for eFoil

Thanks, Those photos clear it up. I believe I will do something similar. My mast is different, but same Idea. Does the mast clamp pick up the water at the nose point, or off center.

The lift / FR is off center. It probably doesn’t matter too much. I’d probably do whatever makes the easiest run for the hose.

:call_me_hand:

I think I find the way to built the board I want and I will post the result in my build, but a quick solution can be using this :

2 Likes

It does look like a very good option.

I don’t know how I’d feel about buying a 900€ board to cut it open. I did that with a kite raceboard which is what I’m riding right now but I didn’t pay a lot for it. How much are pre-made efoil boards going for?

I’m from Thailand Sorry I’m not good at language I’m creating diy work. This is my board. Fiberglass 2 layer+carbonfiber 1 layer

5 Likes

Very nice. Where do the handles come from ?

3d printer pteg filament

@tkstudio do you have cad files of the board?
Can you upload them?

I made it by hand, if finished, I would put it on ebay for 1000 usd + shipping to bring money to buy motor and esc.

3 Likes

1 Like

What are the dimensions of it (lenght,widht,thickness,etc.)?
Do you have some templates,drawings,etc that has the dimensions on it?
Can you share those please?

electronic box 750x350x75 /1550x600x110

Electric box: I like the closing system very much. Would you have closer pictures of it ? What is your lid made of ?
Reminds me of the Surffic / Cimi Sport system. Looking forward to see where you put the lid joint. The big brands have taught us that none of their expensive locking devices was waterproof that’s why SURFFIC / CIMI put their device outside the lid joint loop and not inside to keep the water outside.

2 Likes

My locks can’t be waterproof. I have to type the parts to help be waterproof.

2 Likes

I’ve launched a DIY efoil board, alongside my build(s). Some pics below and the build thread can be found here.

02db90eb0c0e99f33d667753ce79274918c94fda_2_375x500 7aa12c091ff393b780f2e39f84580934107b73fd_2_374x500 8a8250875aa9ce9fceedcdaac56fe95ce34be3c1_2_369x500 d7a4260d8fdbb42c9ecd6a0db408e3d72c04cbaf_2_375x500

2 Likes

Whats your opinion regarding the volume of the Lift 4’4? Do you think its really needed to get up and going or do you feel there is still some room for less volume? I am thinking about adapting a 4’5 with only 28 Liters. The idea would be a battery mount from below with some portion of the battery extending out of the boards bottom side. A little bit like PWR foils but half way inside.

Hi.

It depends on your mast length. I run a 90cm mast. The longer the mast the harder it is to get your weight far enough forward to get started on a super small, super short board. The buoyancy isn’t as much of a factor. You only need enough to make the board float on its own. About 80lbs of buoyancy. I would say 4’4" is almost as short as possible with a 90cm mast. I think you could shave a few more inches. 48" is probably the limit, unless you went with a shorter mast.

:call_me_hand:

completely

6 Likes

Hi, is there any update regarding the austrian “board only”?