Interesting point. There might be some weird fluid dynamics issues there too.
How is yours build going? Looks like the FR prop? Did you manage to get flying?
Interesting point. There might be some weird fluid dynamics issues there too.
How is yours build going? Looks like the FR prop? Did you manage to get flying?
Quick update. I have very little time because two young kids, but did manage to get back on the foil this summer.
Some tweaks WRT OP:
Results:
Open questions:
— At this speed, you should be on foil already. I suspect it could be the foil set you are using. I am using a large 2100 cm2 front wing and I could get on foil at around 10 - 12 mph.
Hmm. I’m using the 2019 Naish Thrust Windsurf foil. Just looked up its specs, seems substantially smaller surface area than yours (1220 cm^2).
Also expecting a FR prop soon (it shipped!), so will try to see if that makes a difference
I would assume the area is not the issue, more the shape of the wing - no idea what “Modified Delta Planform” means; but it’s clearly not saying “high lift” as for most of the others…
A lot of people are using the Gong curve MT which has only 1150cm² which flies aroun 16-18km/h.