Brand New build from Canada!

These strips look like 18650 strips and you have 21700 cells. I don‘t recommend short cuts on the battery, it won‘t pay off, better order the right strips, 0.15, better 0.2mm real nickel.

1 Like

Sure, buddy, you can use them and they’ll work fine, but they won’t look perfect. Add some extra space between the cells, and they’ll fit perfectly.

@Foilguy I think I already watched it 10 times haha!
You are right, better safe than sorry. I ordered new ones.
Thanks!

@sat_be its for 21700 with cell holders. I found some strips made for 21700 without cellholders, the gap will be perfect. thanks for the insight, no shortcuts is always safer!

@Pavel If I use cellhoders to add space, my case would be too small :confused:
Efoil building is a challenge after another, every damn day haha :joy:

1 Like

Dude, if you line up the batteries in this wicked bee cell pattern, then when you’re putting together a 14S10P battery, you can totally save, like, 20% of the space, man.

damn I would have liked to think about that before hot gluin the pack together :confused:

New strips received and soldered!
Im installing the BMS tonight!

1 Like

Looks good. Is there a reason you let the strips stick out that long on the left hand side? It is more difficult to shorten them once spot welded.

Some people connect de BMS wire on these strip sticks. Some are connecting them in the middle of two rows. I still don’t know exactly where I am gonna connect them.
Any toughts ?

1 Like

I would just let a piece of strip material extend at the end of the strip and solder a wire to that. Doesn’t matter were it is.

1 Like

Which pattern should I choose?
Choice A

Choice B

bend and connect to negative terminal.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter it will be the same they are connected together.

Thanks guys!
It’s almost done!

4 Likes

Hi @Wheel12, I realize you may not have finished your build yet but in case you have, have you tried that Phantom 1280 Wing yet? I’m curious how it performs as an efoil wing. I’m considering picking up a used one myself.

Heyy! not yet!
Im waiting for bullet connectors which will come in a week or two.
Remind me later and I will tell you. The build will be done in two weeks I think!

1 Like