Build from Moscow!

The box under the esc is shifted forward. There is an explanation for this. My friend suggested an interesting solution for cooling the esc without the use of tubes and adapters. Our mast allows you to use the first channel of the mast for cooling.Remove the esc cover and place the cooling chamber above the mast channel. We drill a hole for the water outlet and no pipes!

1 Like

I also ordered the m-day 95 cm mast

I found a file with the file sizes I will try to send them in a complex format

All these sizes probably make sense, but after riding on our first instance, we decided to adhere to this rule. 1Pro the length of the fuselage, I have already said above. 2 the length of the stern after the mast is not less than the length of the engine with the screw. In our case, when the board is longer than 160 cm. The distance from the edge of the mast to the edge of the stern is 30-35 cm.

How do you like this concept? Under the ESC, we put a 5 mm gasket, remove the cover. The water will cool not only the chamber but the entire bottom of the esc. The channel in the mast is quite large, the holes for entry and exit are also large. The probability of clogging is minimal. What do you think?

4 Likes

With this size of Aluplate you don’t Need watercooling. Just place the heatsink of the esc directly on the plate and you have enough cooling

1 Like

In our first build, this was the case. In this one, I wanted to try a water-cooled one!

Good idea if the passive water cooling is not enough. One thing is sure: with your solution, you have a much bigger section transporting water than with a PU tube so more chances of success for a forced flow water cooling. Bit of drag too since your inlet doesn’t offer any transition…

1 Like

Yes! Let’s do it! I will press the esc to the bottom of the box without a gasket, I will remove the cover of the cooling chamber, there are already holes for water entry, it remains to drill two holes in the corners of the chamber with a smaller diameter. Now I’ll do it, let’s see what happens!

3 Likes

It seems to work! No water gets into the box!

So that our old eFoil would not be bored, we made her a little sister!

2 Likes

Despite the fact that it is snowing outside, our work continues!

1 Like

3 Likes

Here is such a battery pack turned out!