Exactly. Even if there is nothing salvageable, I am interested to see what is inside this 3,500 pack and why it stopped working.
I am resisting the urge to bring out the heavier saws like my large oscillating tool, @noahark. It may come to that today and I might be able to get a fairly clean cut once I get the groove deep enough to guide it.
I don’t think it is epoxied or glued together anymore. They may be using some sort of plastic welding process that fuses the two pieces together by heat. The seam is very tight and material is consistent. A MUCH better job than the multiple flyproducts gas tanks that split at the seams on my paramotor! 
After sleeping on it, I realize that I need to just cut across the top of the case shy of the handle. I do not want to spend the time it will take to carefully cut around the inside of it and would probably butcher it if I tried.
The dremel adapter I printed to precisely control the y and z planes for the cut:
The plastic is hard and waxy at low speed and won’t cut, then quickly hits a flash point where it melts/smokes and gums up the tools.
Progress… with a pretty clean cut


