Database for mast & plate

Gong 2020 plate, supposed to be 90x165mm screw spacing and no fancy holes in the middle like the previous model.

1 Like

I got mine in july 2020, probably old stock 2019 still delivered (if that’s 2020 model)

Hi, new in this forum. I need to adapt a F-One hybrid mast to a Nobile Zen fuselage. The Nobile fuselage has a pocket for the mast. Its dimensions are: L 110 mm, W 15.5mm. Starting from the leading edge, the first M8 bolt is at 20mm and the second at 70mm (50mm spacing). Hope this data contributes to the database
I need to know the position of the 2 M6 bolts on the f-one mast please.
Thanks

F-One gear has a solid reputation in any foil activity (kite, wind, surf, sup, wing, wake) but pretty rare on this forum (price reason probably) : there is @blocoloco using a F-One alu mast here and it is not necessarily the mast you’re after.
Unless sbdy here is already using this alu mast and would like to post a couple of picts with caliper measurements, you’ll have to find one by yourself and provide your own displays.
Then for the adaptor design strictly speaking, there are a few existing threads like this one not dedicated to the Gong fuselage:

Thank you very much. I already have the mast but don’t like to cut it to see inside. in case there is no match between bolts placement… Do you think it’s going to be strong enough just cutting the carbon part of the fuselage where the mast begins and drilling and tapering plus adding stainless steel threaded inserts? sorry for my bad english

Unless it is a minor mod, a carbon fuselage shouldn’t be cut/milled because you’re altering its mechanical properties.
It would be much safer to design an aluminium piece to insert between mast and fuselage. Usually, a new Gong mast is cheaper than this part … :flushed:
Are you sure the Nobile fuselage is made of carbon ? I thought Nobile only used aluminium in which case it could be milled like here:

You’ll have to create a new thread.

Post pics of the mast and fuselage please.

I couldn’t find a dxf of the slingshot mast profile, so here is a quick version I drew up if anyone needs it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LifxyWoncPnvbQBTJyV3PgPlzcOuwB84/view?usp=sharing

Did someone have CAD Data from a 90cm Zeeko mast?

Thanxs

Does anyone have an opinion about NAISH TRUST ( 2019 ) foil in size L with matt 70?
Is it a good model for electric foil?

And is there CAD data for the mast?

Thanks

Oups, tHrust not Trust :wink:
A lot of info on the forum. Two lines available WS (Windsurf) which is fast, and S (Surf) thicker profile and more tolerant. WS 2019 to be preferred to WS 2018 (black and yellow) if memory serves.
https://foil.zone/search?q=Naish%20thrust

@Michion has reached 40+kmh with his WS1 2019, followed by @Guldsteen

Oops indeed THRUST. Thanks for the links and the answer . I’ve been on the forum and I wanted a direct opinion on the Naish. It is indeed the orange model, not the yellow one.

I use that exact setup but I don’t have any decent STL files to share…yet. I searched this site, high and low and never found anybody that had them. I used some Gong STL files, printed them and just filled the gaps with wood putty. I wanted to get on the water fast so I took a lot of shortcuts. I’m sure my setup had excess drag but honestly as soon as you hit the throttle you wouldn’t know.

My goal over the winter is to modify the STL fles so we have a nice repeatable setup for the Naish mast. As soon as I have something done, I will post. If you beat me to it, can you share as well?

I’m very pleased with the Naish setup. The orange version can be found for a good price and I really like the build quality. I have the medium and large Thrust Surf wings and they combine stability with very early liftoff. I also have the flat Thrust Windsurf wingset. They are fun, but far less stable at lower speeds.

I haven’t stopped on this model yet … I don’t even think to go to the PWR foil … which has already been tested ?
For2021 Chris from WPR told me that it goes from a 110 mast (idem to gong) to a 150 x 19 mast for rigidity and solidity…
So I will wait until I receive my MALA board and then I will advise you

Did someone know if the Zeeko mast have same dimensions from other manufacturer?
I need for my next build the outline for the mastclamp construction.

• Scan the mast on a scanner.
  • Measure the length and width
  • import image into drawing tool and size correctly
  • trace outline
  • save drawing
  • import drawing to fusion and extrude
  • cut the extrusion from the mast clamp

voila…new mast clamp…
Pacificmeister has also posted a full fusion tutorial on it.

3 Likes

I know how it is possible, but why not ask before if someone had successfully done that work :wink:

2 Likes

Is anyone able to confirm these dimensions please for the new Gong mast plate, they say 90mm wide on the website but no mention of the length?.

I’m yet to order all the foil bits for my build but could do with these dimensions to keep progressing in the mean time.
Thanks

The previous model had two screw spacings on the long side: 164-165mm and 124-125mm.
I didn’t check it myself but seems they’ve kept the longest gap that is 164-165mm.

1 Like