Diamond Dynamics 66168 9000W

Thank you for your attention!
I believe that your analysis is correct. If possible, it is recommended that you test and compare the data. If you confirm that our graph is incorrect, I am willing to give you equivalent compensation. It should be noted that small differences may occur due to differences between different test instruments.

Hello!
Thank you for your example:
The data you provided is from Tmotor, which is a great motor factory.
We also have motors for drones. For selecting propeller types for drone motors, we first design the motor, then produce a motor sample, and then adapt the propeller based on the motor parameters to find the best match; If a newly designed propeller is used, a mass production motor will be used to test whether the propeller meets the design requirements.
Regardless of the order, they must first stage test and then conduct drone testing.

I get the math.

However, this is not representative of the in-use case.

If you look at a typical propellor rpm/torque curves torque will increase as RPM increases, not the opposite.

Hello!
Thank you for your explanation. I don’t doubt that your argument is wrong. I think what you said is quite correct.
What I want to explain is that our data graph is for your reference because it is not just data derived directly from the dynamometer. Therefore, we believe that only after testing, and then comparing our data, will we have results.

Motor manufacturers that don’t integrate a system (which is often the case) are more common to show a dyno plot - but here diamond dynamics sell thrusters so the prop and thrust data should be available (or easy to produce)

@DiamondDynamics-1 if you show torque , thrust, current and efficiency plots with an efoil specific propeller - that you sell - then this will really open up for interested buyers here.

As long as there is no data then you’ll not get sales as most people don’t want to gamble on an expensive motor.

1 Like

Hello Larsd!
Thank you for your clarification! Your explanation is very convincing, so we need a test that can test 66168 people. I would like to clarify that this motor has been mass produced, but our customer is a Foil factory. We do not have propellers, but only supply motors. Once we have suitable propellers, I will share them here as soon as possible.
Best regards!
John

Surely, they will give you a propellor to test.

Thank you for your proposal!
How do I need to get a propeller?

Funnily enough after a brief email chain with them, I can see this situation being completely true. They were more interested in my social media and videos than the fact that I could present them with proper graphed real world data on the performance of their motor. That’s a massive red flag and a complete no to me ever doing business with a company…

Yup, i also tried the 54135 motor with some different props, could not get more than 20kg of thrust and it couldn’t get me up on foil. In the end motor burned due to a hotspot in the windings and that was it. Can’t recommend.

Yes the problem is that their data graphs are no real world data.

Hello!
I thank you again for giving me good advice!
It would be very sad if you said these things here just because we didn’t give you free samples.
I would like to clarify:
“We have received your suggestion in the hope of having experience in video shooting, or having previously demonstrated similar experience in testing motors. Our goal is to demonstrate the true performance and data of this motor through the tester’s video. Unfortunately, the video connection you provided us only showed that Foil was flying, and we did not see your previous testing.”
“We also explained to you in our email that we can reiterate here that we hope enthusiasts who can demonstrate the performance of this motor can test it.”
Best regards!

Don’t speak absolute crap! I gave you full testing data in a CSV file showing every possible measurement on the motor during testing in one of those video. Proper real world data!!!

You simply are not interested in the actual real world performance data and are instead interested videos and social media… It’s the same old thing… Try sell a motor to unsuspecting people by claiming it does something without any proof…

Hello!
I deeply sympathize with your sufferings!
This is a very bad experience, and I understand your mood. Can you share your test video here?
In the previous email, we thought you had already stated that if the data or video you shared was verified to be exactly what you said, we could replace the motor (66168) for you, but unfortunately, I didn’t wait for your data or video.
This video proves that his thrust can be 30 kg.

In the future, I will update the video of our customer using the 54135 test here
Once again, we would like to explain to you that all motors produced by Diamond Dynamics have after-sales service. We will not refuse normal communication and will also be responsible for our products.
If you have any complaints or feel that our colleagues are neglecting you, please email: czh@diamondynamics.com