Did anyone ride the new Waydoo EVO plus so far? (with auto level system)

I´m curiois as I thought the new Auto Level system is for maintaining heigth by itself, wich I thought could be anoying, but now a guy from Miama told me that this works great as one can control speed with it as well… so it would behave like a “Segway” . So if you lean forward it gets faster and if you lean back it slows down… In their launching video you can`t realy see that… So anyone who could confirm this?

Waydoo Evo on Youtube

Two weeks ago, I was looking at it and did not see any “flaps” on the wing/tail, so I am pretty sure that the auto-leveling is done by throttling up/down the motor.

Not sure if I would like that. However, I loved the way that it was possible to attach wheels to the backside of the board and roll it to the lake/sea.

1 Like

That looks pretty nice to carry… So if they do it by throttle change that could confirm that you can ride it like a segway… If you push nose down it increase power-> speed will increase and board is balanced again. Did you see the sensors in front nose section of board? where do they get power from?

Yes, I did see the sensor, and it looks similar to an Arduino Lidar module, but a little bit bigger (2 lenses).

Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of it.

Here’s a video. I also read elsewhere that height is controlled by variable speed. It makes sense really.

On a typical eFoil, Shifting weight forward normally causes a drop in height. Likewise, Increased speed can increase height.

if a rider shifts weight forward an increase of speed will counter that shift. Opposite in reverse.

2 Likes

ok actually then it really reacts like a segway or onewheel… Pretty cool, Hope I can test it soon somwhere…

1 Like

Finally I was able to test ride the new waydoo EVO…
This thing is a game changer… I was even able to sit down and stand up while still in the air. They do regulate it with motor RPM as you can hear the motor making different sound. I`ms shure it is a sensored motor as it runs super exact and quiet…
But greatest thing is to accelerate and decelarate just by leaning forward or backward with your body… This is exceptional cool and works just awesome… I did not adjust power on the remote for almost 5minutes and I was going from speeds of 20 up to more than 40… And it still keeps the altitude… Before that system going faster than 40km/h was just super critical… now this suddenly is relaxed… Definately the new waydoo EVO now sets new standards and Fliteboard will surely already test a similar system… They just have to if they don’t wanna loose industry leadership here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes finally it is here…and it`s a blast… check it out at your nearest dealer :point_right:

Waydoo Evo

The leaning to accellerate (and possibility to switch it off) sounds amazing. One thing that really worries me, besides the Waydoo website not giving any option to configure the board: Geofencing + OTA updates.
Does this mean, just like previously with DJI, Waydoo still owns the board and can force updates/hijack the board if updates are not desired by customer/ prevent startup if geofencing “detects” the area/state/country is not allowing efoiling/ cut power mid-ride cause a firmware update is forced etc?

No geofencing means you can deside the area where the board is allowed to ride. If outside this area it run but only slow speed… This function is not done online, but you board stores the area you assign it. This is not a must… You can decide if it`s activated or not;-)

1 Like

Thanks, that sounds good. Hope that, if legislation changes regionally, Waydoo will not embed the “no-foil-zones” in the firmware during OTA updates. All got paranoid about geofencing options since DJI:(