DIY 6384 Foil Drive Assist from South Germany

I have no kill switch in my system.

I have used one of these. I don’t know brand or reference. Bulky but effective.

Vesc have a built in kill switch function, I have experimented using a hall effect sensor and a magnet to activate it. You could mount the Hall effect in the enclosure and the magnet outside so no water proofing needed.

It worked well, but there are smarter ways to do a kill switch for a foil assit using a gyro instead.

what spark protection do you have? for battery connection?

AS150 Connector.
20 characters

1 Like

Looks amazing, where/how can we get this adapter, can you share pls

1 Like

Good morning
I am looking for the 3-blade folding propeller STL file or the 2-blade file for 6374/6384 engine, if anyone has a link or the fusion 360 file to modify, thank you in advance

Is it ok to remove the circlip on a 6384 with the fixed propellor in a foil drive setup, or will the bell and prop fall off?

1 Like

Just tie a piece of string to the propellor if you are worried about it falling off.

3 Likes

Hi Markus,

Will you say that the rotor sealing is really needed or do you think it can be skipped?

the controller has black&white wires,
is white for PWM and black for gnd?

Yes. White is PWM at the ESC

Maybe painting the Rotor. But I think it’s not necessary.

I want to adapt it to an AK mast. I have a question regarding how tightly the adapter should fit the mast.

Is the sole purpose of the side screw to secure the 3D printed adapter parts together? Or, when tightening the screw, should the adapter parts apply pressure and grip the mast from the sides?

For my Slingshot mast I created the motor pod with a fit.
Primarily, the side screws connect the pod and motor pod.
Nothing slips for me.

1 Like

Alright, so the screws just hold it all together. The strength relies on a tight fit.
I would feel better with a more tightening, so I thought about a design to use side screws, but at the front of the mast, to clamp two parts together upon the sides of the mast

1 Like

These are from @s9tim Foil assist - Google Drive
Includes folding 2 blade prop

1 Like

Hi Markus,

In one of the motors, i tried to dis-assemble the stator plate to change the wires, and since they used glue, it pulled some coil wires…
So for the other motor, I am not doing that and leaving the original wires.
My question is what did you do to connect the cable to the wires, if you can also send some pictures. I thought of soldering the cable and then printing enclosure that allows injecting epoxy for sealing…thoughts?

I used shrink tubing with glue.

I though you said that for some motors you decided not to remove the plate from the stator, that’s my case.

On my first motor I removed the stator to use larger cables. On the second motor I used the original cables.