Efoil blank board

Shit! That sucks man. Sorry to see this. So crazy when people are just looking to make a buck and don’t care about the quality of the product they sell. Hard to believe…

Most concerning to me is the foil box.

The board is useless as a foil board if the attachment point for the foil isn’t built strong. Maybe it’s just the pictures, but it looks like the bottom of the board is pretty thin where the foil is supposed to attach.

Is it just the pictures, or is that totally screwed up too?

1 Like

You have to use marine stainless. Anything lower grade will corrode super fast because of the carbon fibre.

No you don’t have to use 316. Especially If you can replace them whenever necessary.
Sure 316 is better if can find them.

Aluminium has big problems in contact with carbon. Stainless not as much. It’s a mute point anyway since the inserts will be set in thickened epoxy and not carbon.

Seems reasonable thick and carbon fiber for the mast attachment part but not sure! I might gonna need to add more strength to it. The lid itself and board are not bad I wish they were upfront and shipped them without lid assembly attempt

Sorry for this bad surprise.
Could you share with us weight, hatch dimensions, thickness…
And also EXW price and freight if you do not mind :wink:
Thanks

I tried this method as a test and I must admit to a big fail - it was only on a test piece so no big deal. Drilled a hole in the glass, used an alen key in a drill to remove the eps. Then the problems started - filled with epoxy (I didnt have any microfibres so I used pure epoxy resin). It was ‘laminating’ resin and I used fast hardener. I think the reaction was too quick and hot and I ended up with a resin plug in a big loose hole - after cutting open it looked like the resin had melted the eps around it making the hole bigger. The resin was also full of air bubles and over-flowed from the hole while curing. Anyway, I have decided to cut my board and add some 3D printed block inserts and re-glass to add hinges.
Anyone else tried this ?