(eFoil Motor) Hobiba D70L65-120Kv Underwater testing report -2024

Recently Hobiba arranged underwater testing for D70L165 at 120Kv, working voltage at 50V:
Available with DIY buyer
These testings for reference ONLY, hope it inspires people when selecting and matching prop. with hobiba motor-D70L165., of course more testing results with diferent motors and props. will be available on a regular basis in future.

Thuster is meant to be thrust?
and Kgf should be Kg?

1 Like

Which propeller did you use?

Also rmp would mean RPM?

Definitely one those bad boat props that sell with the motors

yes, you are right :+1:

7 1/2 x 5 prop. & 71/4x5 Prop.

Thank you and which esc?

Could you post a picture of them ? New efficient OEM models for efoils have appeared on the Chinese market since 2023 like these ones…

If not tested with these ones, could you put a hand on them and do some more tests ?
If the test is a success, would you sell each motor as a bundle with the best prop for it ?

Pitch 5 is too small from my experience. Lots of bottom end but not good running at 25kmh on my 120kv. The fliteprop has been awesome!

1 Like

I was making a static thrust test today, I reached 9,3kw with the 7 1/4 x 5 Propeller. With 14s battery 120ah and Flipsky 75350. So I can confirm the data from the test above. This motor got a lot of power.

Testing is great, but a measured high power into the motor just means you have a powerful esc and battery - if you don’t measure power out or thrust at the same time.

1 Like

What power out data do you mean? Which from the vesc Tool?

Power out is measured mechanical power, like torque*rpm/9.55
Or static thrust, at least gives some knowledge of the motor

1 Like

Unfortunately I got no option for measuring the thrust or torque.what does the 9.55 mean in your formular? Where does it come from?

My duty cycle is 85% at full throttle

It’s a conversion factor from radians to rpm.
It’s 1/(2xpi/60)—>9.55

1 Like

Ok understand, thank you. About the thrust I can say it is massive compared to 65161 with flite prop and 6kw

1 Like

you are welcome, use our own esc,

yes, match with the right propeller is too important, and hope our testing will guide people toward the right direction

this 9.55 we use quite often