Error while VESC programming

Hello,
I have got a short instruction for my maytech ESC. But I can´t apply, instead I got an ERROR Information: “R is 0. Measure it first.” Does anybody knows this problem and has got a tipp for me? Thank you very much.

Best regards
Frank

the motor resistance is not measured yet and equals zero in the red field for R and i guess this is the issue, probably you need to do the setup in a different order. There are a few videos on youtube how to do it.

I never tried manually setting the parameters like this, i use the configuration wizard, do you really need to do a manual configuration of the VESC?

Hello Larsb,
many thanks for the answer.
I received my easydrive plus kit from easyfoil. Attached is a quick guide to programming the VESC. Then I proceeded (see photo). I assumed that all parameters would be read in via the xml file. But something must have gone wrong.
I’ve tried this several times and I’ve also thought about the updates.
I looked at several tutorials but didn’t find one that also used an xml file.

Best regards

Frank

After you
Load the xml files (there should be two, one for the motor parameters and one for the app). Fw versions should match. After you loaded the files into vesc tool you need to send them to the vesc.
Use the arrow pinting downwards on the right hand side, A for app, M for motor.

Hello Sat-be,

thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have got two xml-files. I also tried out the downward files. I tried download file and m for the same time, then in the second try downlod file and “/” and m etc.

Maybe this is the problem. Could you please tell me the correct combination between the download file and the “m”? Thank you very much.

Best regards
Frank

If you have 2 xml files then first load motor configuration and then load app configuration.

This loads the parameters into vesc tool. You need to push them to your vesc:

Make sure your vesc is connnected!
Push the M arrow down for motor and A for app!
This writes the config to your HW. This is not obvious! There are many videos on howto program a vesc, they meight help.

Make sure the installed FW matches the one the config was backed up from (as well as the HW).

1 Like

Thanks al lot !!!

Now I understand, what arrow down and M means. I will try it.

1 Like

It works! Thanks a lot.

But now I have a new problem. The remote doesn’t work. I looked a few tutorials, tried to change the settings as shown in the tutorials, but no chance.

I hope I found the right place for the settings for the remote. Under “App settings” I found nothing for the “remote” directly, but under “PPM”. (as shown on the foto)

I also tried “current” and “current no reverse”. It didn’t help.

Have you got any ideas?

What is the APP to Use set to?
You can find it under App Settings > General.
Try it with the APP to Use set to: PPM and UART.
As always, click the icon with the arrow pointing down and ‘A’.

Show us the receiver to vesc wiring.

Now it works. Thanks a lot!!!