EXOGLIDE - From Thailand

New slow moving project under development in Thailand.

The project idea is to make boards for me and my friends and have an efoil where you can stand up to start with a reliable electric motor, batteries and remote device.
The first prototype is working, we now improving all parts to make it lighter and more efficient (still have a lot to do …).

Cheers from Bangkok,

Lolo

6 Likes

Hello ! which is your setup for the moment ? :blush:

• Custom made Bamboo board 7’1, 120 liters that i plan to make in 2 parts to make easy transportation.

• ESC Hydra ice HV200

• SSS MOTOR 500 KV

• MAYTECH water proof remote IP67

• Chinese Gear box 5:1

• Propeller from Flying Rodeo

• 2 x LiPo Batteries 6S, 20 000 mA

• All PLA printed parts replaced by alu 6061 machined

• Double bearing on shaft

• Home made Carbon Fiber foil and mast, aluminum fuselage

That s the preliminary setup, it will be improved step by step, all advices are welcome !

Welcome aboard !
Which motor have you tested ? Do you intend to make it a commercial product if your friends like it ?

Thank you. I m using SSS motor 500KV. No commercial vision…, just for me and my friends !, i m looking for good propeller, FR is out of stock. Any suggestion ?

Seems like the Exoglide efoil will be launched and available as a commercial product next April in France. @EXOGLIDE Would you mind sharing a few details with us:
1 - Price ?
2 - ESC: what’s the new one since the Castle Creations Hydra Ice HV200 ESC seem to have been abandoned ?
3 - SPECS for motor and battery ?
4a - Prop: looks like the PM v3.x - what will it be made off in the commercial version: alu cast, 3D printed ? The prop tip clearance looks like 10mm ie huge.
4b- Prop: Is the Flying Rodeo trail abandoned ?
5 - Board: nice compact pebble shape that doesn’t seem to stick to water. Is it made by Cobra ?
6 - Data logging: would you show your figures ensuring 75min of fly time ?
7 - Did you face difficulties mating the Maytech V2 receiver with the Hydra 200 ESC and the new one ?

Video comments are in French :neutral_face: (French shop)

Hey Laurent, you little cachotier :wink:. Would you show us what’s inside the hatch ?
They look very much alike the Surffic (Barcelona Spain) - Cimy (China) boards

Really nice looking bamboo foil :crazy_face: No prop guard for this board going to France, really ?

200211 Exoglide bamboo

2 Likes

These are made in Thailand. Different to the surfic boards from China.

2 Likes

@SoEFoil, we are using Maytech ESC 300 Amp, remote V2, 65151 motor 120 KV, 12S, 40 Ah battery Li-Ion, Prop is aluminum Amita 3 remachined (may be different from video), board is a smaller 150 cm EXOGLIDE and not made by Cobra, foil is a 1200 cm2 EXOGLIDE CF/bamboo front wing, price not yet set.

2 Likes

Very nice, you are the first brand to use the Maytech trilogy: ESC + remote + motor

A few more questions for you:

Here are the Solas references. We are looking for propellers for inflatable outboard motors in the 3 to 5 or 6 HP range.

Solas 2020 catalog

1 Like

Yes, if people in this forum are interested, i can make a special offer and sell EXOGLIDE with a version starter kit “KITTERS” to make assembly by Diyers. Everybody will have the possibilities to get sub assembly components of their choice (or select others brands) : Board + Mast with motor + FOIL + ESC box + Remote + Battery + Travel bags.

We do not use water pump to cool down ESC, just the aluminum enclosure dissipate heat.

Using pin version for the motor.

Solas Amita 3 work well and just cruising at 20 kmh.

2 Likes

These are very good news. Please keep us posted when you have set the price. Not sure whether you would also sell board only but it would certainly interest a few people if you did.

I think at this stage the board is probably the biggest thing that most DIY guys are after!

Board price will be : 1200 EURO excluding transportation and taxes.

1 Like

Just colorful pictures or is the board available for shipment?

Welcome to the forum Cyclonius. I have 6 boards available right now with differents color. But can do also custom color if you wish. Just go on fb page to see how it ride. I m here for any question. Cheers !

1 Like

Can you post pics of the boards you have available? Where are the boards?

1 Like

Was on FB, no technical data, no price at all.

Is it a secret or do you want to keep all the boards for you?

They are in Bangkok THAILAND. Will post photos next monday. Cheers