Fire damage lift efoil for sale in Auckland NZ

The Lift efoil on fire that did the rounds online a couple of months back is for sale in Auckland.

Looks mostly complete. A new battery and some diy repairs would probably get it going again, or make a great starting point with the motor and mast.

Surprised lift didn’t buy it back from them for investigation.

Just to be clear, I’m not selling it, I just saw the listing.

I picked the board up free as its basically trash (assuming someone bought the mast). Surprised to see all the electronics in the box are mint. So if anyone needs parts haha…

Hatch lid is buggered, so will make a new one and use the latches and hinges from the cooked one.

Board itself is marginal. Exterior still good, but the localised hotspot from the fire has melted part way into the foam. Will be a bit messy but from what I can tell its not far into the foam so I’ll likely just cut the burnt crap out and throw some expanding PU foam in place. Cover with some dodgy glass patchwork and call it a day.

I’m quite impressed the board is in the condition it’s in considering the battery burnt inside the board - and after seeing the lithium battery…

That’s great, stoked someone managed to pick it up. Shame you didn’t get the foil and motor as well. What a bargain.

1 Like