First construction advice efoil

hello everyone,
thank you for all your posts and construction details which are very interesting. :grinning:
Here I am embarking on my first efoil too, but how do I sort through all the solutions proposed?
So I also searched on my own and found complete packs on Ali.
-Maytech Efoil Kit 65161 Waterproof Motor
-300A 32Bit Waterproof ESC
-1905WF Remote
-Anti-Spark Switch
-12V 30W water pump and DC-DC module

for electrification, I found a 14S battery pack (40A 100 A max, with BMS with BT).

I’m going to ride this on a Gong board, with a takuma foil.
Can you tell me if this can work knowing that I just plan to do crusing? Can you tell me the advantages or disadvantages of this configuration?
and how do we configure it ?
Because I have the impression that it is too easy, given the difficulties that I have read in the other posts!!!
Good foils to all and thank you all

I would use passive cooling if you can - ie heat sink that touches water. Next best is a ram water inlet on the nose cone without a pump. The best designs are the least complicated.

Instead of the antispark switch use the BMS to turn it on and off, or use a simple anti spark connector. Again, keep it simple.

If discharge is via the BMS is only 40A continuous it might be a little low. But you could upgrade the BMS.

1 Like

Hi @ Strongarm
thank you for your advice. so with a dynamic water inlet, through the fuselage head, we don’t need a pump?

You can put a hole and a tube in the front of the motor mount pod, and run the tube up the mast through the vesc and back out the bottom of the board.

At foiling speeds there will be plenty of flow.

This is how Lift does it. But Fliteboard with the passive system using the mast as a heat sink is better solution in my opinion.

2 Likes

I wonder how fliteboard does the cooling on the new MN carbon setup?

I think I read it has a water up pick hole at the bottom of the mast by the foil, and sprays water on to the heat sink at the base of the mast.

1 Like

Thanks, i do it, i find an hold board takuma carver for the advices, :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: