Newbie E-Foil builder here. I had a few goes on a Waydoo and I am totally hooked so really keen to build my own. This forum has been hugely inspiring. I have trawled the forum for the last week and done comparisons to production manufactured E-Foils and I have come up with the following proposal. I’d be very keen to get your opinion before I start spending money. I also still have some questions however. Apologies in advanced if they have already been answered here before.
My proposed set up:
Flipsky 15161 Motor 120kv plane shaft. £381+pp
Highfly Watersports Prop Ultra 2 blade for Flipsky from £86 +pp
Flipsky 75200 VESC £190 +pp
Continuous current 200amp/50v
Flipsky V3 Waterproof remote £118 +pp
Maytech Remote MTSKR1905WF £67 +pp
I will take apart and improve waterproofing.
Battery Foxelion 52v 35 or 40ah li-ion with 150a BMS £550 +pp
Comes with a 5amp charger.
10A Charger £135 +pp
I’d like a fast charger so I’m looking at the following 10amp. Not sure if the difference in charge time between the 8hrs (5a included with batt) and 4hrs (10a below) is worth the £150 for the charger as I probably still wouldn’t get two rides in a day.
- Do I need to watercool the ESC? I really don’t want to. I want this to be a simple build. I’m understanding the cruising on foil requires about 30A and getting up on foil 100-150A. Seems I am well in the limits of the ESC when up on the foil.
- Which remote is preferable, Maytech or Flipsky V3. And do you use an antenna extension 1m on the receiver?
- I presume I will need to setup ESC to output max current of <200amp to protect the motor. (Or will the motor never demand/pull this from ESC anyway so not a problem)
- Prop - 3 blades or 2 blades? What pitch 6 or 8?
- Does a charger have to match the voltage perfectly? I see many 10A or 20A chargers that are 12s or 14s but there voltage is 42v or 48v or 58.4v, not an exact match for my 44.4v or 51.8v options (obviously cell voltage differences)
Thank you in advance.
(UK Efoil Builder……I hope to be)