First ever build

I have 3 older Optima BT DC 5,5 BlueTop 75Ah laying around from an old solar project from my dad. I will test with one and see.

Btw what kind of connectors are you using on your battery packs? I was looking at amphenol for the IP67 Model but for the love of anything thats holy i cant find the surlok female socket with the m8 thread (saves the most space and i could bolt the fuse directly to it) anywhere or if i find it its always bulk order only. I really want it to be atleast IP67

The female surelock come witch crimp terminals, the male you can get with a square flange and a slotted screw terminal.
Got mine from Digikey:
Female:

Male:

Links: https://www.digikey.ch/de/products/detail/amphenol-industrial-operations/SLPRABPNB/10487646?_gl=1*agzumy*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8--2BhCHARIsAF_w1gz-APckb-eczXE1Y-ozOOjRaBcesHF1KvDUvfNAvBlQt2xeR5oaS7YaApqCEALw_wcB&gbraid=0AAAAADrbLli10unD7688HWO-j6Lk4tuDG

https://www.digikey.ch/de/products/detail/amphenol-industrial-operations/SLPIPA16BSB/10487381?_gl=1*1lsab1m*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8--2BhCHARIsAF_w1gz-APckb-eczXE1Y-ozOOjRaBcesHF1KvDUvfNAvBlQt2xeR5oaS7YaApqCEALw_wcB&gbraid=0AAAAADrbLli10unD7688HWO-j6Lk4tuDG

1 Like

Problem with the amphenol connector is that it is absolutely Massive (I assume you mean the two pin DC connector) however the smaller Surloks are just more practical and compact and more appropriate for our builds.

1 Like

In most cases the 5.7mm 120A rated are fine, if you don’t give your efoil to a 100+ kg beginner. Motor amps are higher than batt amps, so it also depends where you use them.

My mistake. I meant the Male threaded version of course. Threaded will be perfect for the box that im building since the cables will run to either side of the box and i can safe some space that way. Thanks for the Link!

Really weird that Digikey didnt show up in my google search i did look for atleast half an hour for these. Only found them on mouser without any good description. Now that i understand the coding and naming i found the ones i need there aswell. Seems like digikey has the wrong picture for the black male and orange male 120A screw type connectors tho. They show up as crimp type. I already reported it to them.

1 Like

I think i will still go for the 200A Version since the female plug being a little bigger isnt a deal breaker for my install case. The screw type will be ~7mm deeper but it will fit.

If i use 35mm² cables the rating with 150A should be on the safe side and completely fine. The price difference is also not that much.

I bough the ones without key as I use them for the motor phases. I used colors as a “key”. The only thing that happens if you mix them up is the motor turning backwards. Different Story for battery connectors. For the battery you can also separate the connectors and keep the cables short.

I mixed up the connectors between the battery and the ESC FS 75100, nothing happened.

1 Like

Does anyone know of a waterproof IP67 connector model with a screw top that can handle 30A similar to this XT60 Model? I cant find a good connector for the charging port. Since the connector wont be plugged in while riding regular connectors wont work. They are all only rated while plugged together. I could make a dummy connector but thats just extra stuff i can forget to connect or loose.

Search for weipu connectors at tme.eu for cheap ip67 connectors with screw cap
TME has good prices, fast delivery, huge inventory

Thanks for the help. I found the Waipu SP21 connectors right away. Looks good. Probably not as good as the “Amphenol Conec” i finally found 10min ago but the price is alot better and for the amphenols half the things are out of stock anyway.