Flightjunkie's first e-foil build

Yes, in the options you can choose to keep the screen on. Otherwise you must allow the app to run in background.
By default android stops it as soon as you switch the app or turn of the screen.
So either change the settings of android or let the app keep the screen on by in app settings.

Which input mode (App Setting) are you running? Current Control? Dutycycle Control?

Throttle is set to current control.

Thx for the tips with the APP. I will play around with it.

:call_me_hand:

I hope to ! I just got my 75/300 yesterday and was hoping to record realtime data. I am running ios, guess there is an app for my phone too ?

I don’t want to bother looking my screen while riding, was hoping to put the phone in my pocket, have a ride an then analyse the data ?

EDIT : looks like the app only exist for android phones…

Metr.at for iPhone
Vesctool for android

1 Like

Yeah I agree. The duct stl looks great and would love to test it.
Amazing build. Thank you!

@michion made the duct. He also made a prop faring if you don’t want a duct.

You have to modify the inside to make it fit. Check out the pictures I posted in the link below. Take 5 minutes or so to modify. I plan to fix it in fusion 360 one day, if I ever get around to it. I need the practice! :rofl:

I got to ride a Flightboard today. It was fun to meet up and ride with another efoiler!

I have to say, the Flightboard is a really clean, well thought-out product!

It’s loud compared to the FR drive unit! You can tell it’s a geared drive just by the sound.

But obviously I’m in love with my creation! :rofl:

As you can see… Social distancing!

5 Likes

Man I was going to ask for this, you got me :smile: :rofl: :rofl:
May I ask if, once on the water, the sound difference is still perceptible ?

I see you’ve been using the FR unit with folding prop for this ride, how does it compare to the Flite propulsion unit ? What about speed, reactivity and ride time ?

Nice ride !

The noise was the first difference I noticed too with the Fliteboard. It is very noticeable.image

Hey @Flightjunkie did your mast have these hole coverings?

Did you just drill straight through them? I attempted to and found I was just pushing them further down the shaft and gave up before I lost them.

In that case put a screw in and pull, I just dremel mine away

Thanks. I tried that and couldn’t seem to budge it by pulling (maybe it compressed against the channel). The dremel is a good idea though.

Yea. I just drilled a small hole in them. Screwed a wood screw in the hole and used a slide hammer to pull out the plug. It comes out pretty easy. A small X-bit in the dremel would work to cut it out to.

1 Like

Hi.

Oh yeah. The Flightboard is loud on the water! When I was riding my board I always knew where he was behind me because I could easily hear where he was. They we swapped boards and I couldn’t hear him on my board at all.

The folding prop is amazing. No duct, I hit 26 mph at only 70% throttle. That’s the most throttle I’ve been able to do before I wipe out. Need to find smoother water.

The folding prop works good when catching waves. I can let go of the throttle and surf waves with the prop folded. It’s very difficult to make the transition from power, to no power. Need more practice, but my setup surfs well with the prop folded and the motor off. When I start loosing speed, I can stay on foil by giving it some throttle and the power comes right back.

3 Likes

Hi flightjunkie, i follow your instructions, i buy an vesc 75300 i build this box… With watercooling inside…

What is the correct motor selection in the motor FOC ? Large Inrunner (2000g) or medium inrruner (750g)

Hi,

this is for FR motor =)

More likely large inrunner. FR’s motor is close to 2kg if memory serves.

I used the setting for the largest inrunner. Then let it run the auto detect. If it fails the auto detection, try again. Took me a couple tries. Make sure the connections are all good.

Nice box! Make sure to fill the box 1/2" with corrosionX. The VESC loves to swim in corrosionX. It will protect it from moisture damage.

:sunglasses::call_me_hand:

Were you able to perform similar speed tests on the Fliteboard ?