Flightjunkie's first e-foil build

Hi.

Upside down is fine. You want the CorrosionX to slosh around. It keeps everything coated. No worries!

I do have a video floating around of me hauling my board down to the beach one the Onewheel. I’ll look for it. And yes, I use a horseshoe lock to lock the Onewheel when I’m out on the water.

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Get a VESC. So much better. Get the 75/300 if you can. But, a knockoff will work. Just get one from a reputable source.

1 Like

Hi - I have checked out some of your postings and also your youtube video then you run the Maytech motor with the Flier ESC. Maybe you can help me out :slight_smile:

I have done two successfull builds one with Seaking ESC/SSS motor and now this winter a build with the Maytech kit 300A ESC motor and remote.

However… and maybe you can help out… I want to run the Maytech motor and remote with my Alien ESC because I want to go up to 18S as a test. The motor gives 1 long and two short beep and the remote lights solid, but beside that there it nothing happening when pushing the throttle.

What magic did you pull to get this working with the Flier?

Best regards
Patrik Birgander

Hi,

The flier ESC was a whole issue with the ESC firmware.

I’m not familiar with the alien ESC. Have you searched the forum to see if others have used this ESC in their builds?

It could be something as simple as calibrating the throttle.

I recommend getting a VESC.

The alien ESC is a rebranded flier ESC. They come from the same factory. The flier doesn’t play nicely with the 65161 motor.

1 Like

So, He could upload the LowKvMotor firmware?

1 Like

You mentioned the Booant battery. I haven’t seen this battery mentioned before. How much did you pay for it? Does it perform well?

IT performs well but the lg mj1 tend to reach almost 60 degree if you draw high loads due to Many Starts for example. But they offer Many cells to choose from. Anyway i am building a diy q30 pack due to packaging reasons. Price Was around 800€ i believe. Not Sure. They have a well sorted Homepage.

1 Like

I got it . Thanks for your advice.

It’s a very important knowledge. I learnt this.