Flightjunkie's first e-foil build

Thanks ! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

The mast plate is only on one side.

Thx for the information on your experience with the FR unit. I can’t wait to try it out.

More throttle then I can use?:grin::pray::heart: That’s totally what I am going for! I like all my things to be that way (cars, motorcycles, boats)!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Girls though…I prefer easier to manage.

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I have run the FR unit full throttle on 12S. I managed to get 36kph with it (would be more if I removed the duct).
If you go 14S you will use less current to achieve the same speeds as the power requirement for the motor stays constant. Remember P = V x I. Hence why guys draw huge currents when they run at 8S etc.
I see David is now using the same duct as the Lift one. I have a different duct on the motor I got here.
It looks like you are planning to run the slingshot mast. Which wings are you going to be using?

It’s ±5mm at the thickest point (I have a set of calipers that can get right in there), then tapes to 1mm at the edges.

2 Likes

I kite with the hover glide H2 wing. I also have the space skate but I don’t like how much lift/drag it has, but maybe it will be better with the heavy eboard.

I plan to get another wing. Something for downwind swell runs.

I also have a Chinese carbon fiber wing that is very similar to the Lift e-foil wing I converted to fit the slingshot mast.

I’ll let you guys know how I like the various setups.

1 Like

I have the h2 and space skate as well. I find the h2 much nicer to ride. But have managed faster speeds on the space skate. The space skate has a really weird feeling of lift to it, and I find it’s not as nice to carve on.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s hard to describe the space skate. But, I totally agree. Something is undesirable about it. You don’t ever see people that have been foil for very long on that wing. But, I was thinking it might be better with a heavy board.

Where did you get this wing set??

For the number of S , as @rcjetman posted the higher the voltage you go the less play you have throttle , taking in account the voltage loosing when discharging, you use 8s 12s 14s… depends on top speed wanted , if you don’t get the speed you want and amp raise : change wing ( the way is see it )
14s is nice since voltage drop more then lipo and to have the « extra trigger play fun if you dare » :wink:

Nice combo 75/300 , FR motor …

1 Like

It’s a common Chinese wing. They are all over Alibaba and AliExpress.

Look for the wing with the thinnest profile. Thin profile means less drag, more speed. Very similar to Lift e-foil wing.

This looks like the one I have. But, updated I think a bit.

Thank you. I can’t wait to test it! :grin:

Oups … i guess Efoil and wife are the same here , but with time we get use to everything …

2 Likes

Did you buy the mast as well? How’s the connection mast/fuselage? How did you adapt it?

I’ll post some pics. The mast goes into the wing fuselage. The slingshot mast is a tight fit width wise. But, a bit short front to rear. Screw holes are slightly off too. Just fill with epoxy and cut fiber.

I’ll have to check how it would fit on a liquid force mast! I’m looking to get a lift wingset but man they are pricey… Do any of you know lift wingset knockoff beside this one?

Hello fellow DIY e-foilers.

I’m still making progress.

I have leak tested my the carbon fiber box which will go in the board, and I leak tested the hatch. I expect the hatch to leak a bit when weight is applied and removed, but we will find this out when I do a functional test.

I haven’t shaped my board yet so I borrowed a SUP foil board from a friend. The plan is to strap this box to the foward deck pad area and duct tape the wires and see if this thing will fly!

A test will help me determine the balance of the board and verify that my planned location of the battery is where it needs to be.

Stay tuned for updates!

:desert_island::surfing_man::call_me_hand::beers:

1 Like

Here are the 3 foils I have.

I think the middle one is gonna be the winner. I took it out kite surfing and it foils at less then 7 mph and I had it up over 22 mph. And the wind was pretty light. I think it will do at least 25 mph. Not a bad range of speed!

1 Like

This was posted in the 65150 thread. Sorry if you’ve seen it already. Trying to keep my build Thread updated. :call_me_hand:

The duct tape and ratchet strap test was a success! Now I need to shape me a board. :sunglasses::metal:

Flipsky 65161 120kv motor, FR prop, Flier 400A red boat ESC with “BUartLowKV” firmware, battery 14s14p. And water cooling. Slingshot infinity 76 wing. Maytech V2 remote with conformal coating and corrosionx modification to make it a bit more waterproof.

70% throttle was more then enough. I didn’t need to use much more then that but I did some full throttle runs to test everything. Rode for about an hour. Battery cell voltage was still at 3.5v (pack started at 4.15v).

4 Likes

Recharged battery to the same 4.15v.

It took 25.7 A/hrs to recharge. So the battery was roughly 60% discharged. That’s pretty good for the roughly hour long test ride. :desert_island::surfing_man::beers:

And remember! Safety first when recharging batteries!!! :rofl::call_me_hand::beers:

10 Likes

:joy:good idea can’t lie.

Oh and where did you get that prop from for the flipsky motor?

@Felixfoiler The person who can reding have a big advantage :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like