Flipsky 65150 combo inrunnee

So, a buddy just gave me this flipsky 65150 combo.

My first thought is to just make a small tow device to take me out to the surf when I wanna faux foil drive and not waste battery. It’s quite a ways out and I would just anchor it once I get out.

Has anyone used one of these? It’s a cool concept, but seems lacking in power by their specs.

If someone gave you one what would you do with it? Just trying to think of something useful.

1 Like

I would give it away to the 1st person replying :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome mate, I’m thinking to replace my dual 6384 with two 65121 flip sky inrunners. I’m tired about the dual 6384 maintenance.

1 Like

Yo, can you spill the tea on this? I’m thinking of swapping my beastly, over-the-top 65161 for something more compact and lightweight. Eyeing the 6384 or 6374. Thoughts?

1 Like

6384 works fine but the maintenance is just too much for me. any grain of salt is going to kill the bearings, cage etc… I miss my 2023 tow with 65161 motor but it was too much torque as a single motor. Going dual 65121 will be a game changer although I’m adding more weight.

1 Like

I personally haven’t had any issue with my cheap AliExpress 6384 120kv’s. I use stainless bearings. I pull the rotor off and rinse and then wipe them with IPA, wipe down with corrosion x and spray some corrosion x on the bearings. I use it at a reef break and don’t have to deal with any sand or beach break.

keep in mind that the tow boogies and foil assists are often in salt water and the maintenance requirements are more demanding for that environment. You still need to take care of a 6384 in fresh water but can probably get away with a more spaced out schedule

2 Likes