Flipsky 65161 Motor -- issues with motor shell housing decoupling from baseplate and fix

I recently posted in another thread about an issue I am having with a new, unused (but out of warranty) 65161 motor that has a flaw where the motor housing shell is slightly decoupled from the rear motor mount base.

Apparently @Larsb has seen this issue before and maybe others too so I am creating this new thread to track the fix.

The issue
The motor housing on 65161 motor is tightly screwed into the motor baseplate but warped holes on motor shell causing slight motor wobble when applying hand pressure to the motor when mounted. As shown, the holes receiving the screws to secure the motor housing shell to the motor’s baseplate are clearly warped. The base plate also seems to be extended from the housing shell (see third picture comparison to a good 65161 motor)

Anyone fix this issue before? @Larsb suggested to tap new holes and screw but I am not sure where exactly I can safety tap new holes or what steps to undertake to squeeze this back together to ensure it is waterproof.

You can unscrew it and slide out the endcap - you will see where there’s room for extra screws easily.

I used m4 button top torx head bolts when i did it, leaves more metal than with countersunk head bolts.

Did you notice any additional drag after fixing with protruding bolt heads?

No, it’s too small change to notice.

Follow and order from the original manufacturer -Hobiba, you got quanlity products & service

USD 300, with the lastest sealing technique for better performance - Static SIC + Dynamic carbine + Fkm
The original - ceramic sealing developed by Hobiba in 2020, no longer support for production

Production: 10 days, One Unit supportable, ONLY for 12mm shaft, 100Kv and 120Kv, other Kv

Place order at made-in-China at Hobiba IP68 Waterproof Sensorless Brushless Motor D65L161 120kv 100kv 6000W for Efoil - China 65161 Motor and 100kv Efoil Motor

Shipping cost per quoted, please send us the ship to address, we will quote shipping price accordingly.

When you send inquiry, please indicate you find us via Foil. Zone, then you able to enjoy this discount price at USD 300
Thank you guys,

Mr WANG from Hobiba

3 Likes