Flipsky 66112 130kV

I’m very interested in those results! Have you given up on that motor? I’m using a similar slightly larger motor, the flipsky 65121 rates at 3700w peak and 2000w continuous. I’m getting similar results. I’ve cut down the included prop, a 7 1/2 x 7 BA from 190mm to ~110mm diameter with better results every time. (ridiculous they would even include that prop with the motor). I can fly with an assist from a boat to get up, but I can’t get up with just the motor. I need to get my 3d printer going… My mast clamp is made from a 2x4. I also think a board with more flotation would help, like a paddle board

EDIT: I’m currently foiling with this propeller. A 7"x4 3/4" cut down to 6". Takes about 3000w to get on foil and 1400w to stay foiling.

UPDATE!

I tried different props now and found the smallest of them (120 x 96 mm) is bringing the best results. Its the best efficiency that I know so far. I can foil 18-20 km/h with Input power of only 700W.
Max. power is about 3kW and topspeed 30 km/h.

2 Likes

Would you have a picture ?

Way to go! That’s exciting. You would think flipsky could test a few props and include a decent matched prop with those waterproof inrunners…

I’m currently successfully running a flipsky 65121 with an old splined shaft two blade I found on eBay. 7"x4 3/4" . I cut it down from 7" to 6". I think it would be better If I cut it down more. I’m using 3000w to get on foil and 1400w to stay foiling.

A really nice setup ! Did you reprint the white motor back ? Is there a reason for printing a hollow pod (LIFT like) over a traditional filled one ?

Its a cone, so I can clamp the motor with the two halfes. It got a TPU (rubber) sleeve to isolate the motor vibrations from the rest of the setup.

Its 100% infill out of ASA (ABS). There is only Material where it needs to be → less cost and print time.

Water cooling inlet in at the tip point and then directed sideways into the mast. Works very well. Got the VESC 4.12 with a copper tube soldered across the FETs. 50° max while riding.

1 Like

Hi Matt, your project looks great, thank you for sharing it.

I’m also looking to build an efoil and your setup looks ideal.
I was wondering if you’d kindly share all the components you’ve used?

Thank you
Rob
(Exeter England)

Thanks Rob! this is my current setup. The smaller board was too small to get going without an assist from a boat so I moved on, I did finally get going on a 8’ paddle board, now I’ve built my own board with a battery compartment. It’s pretty big, which is nice for leisurely riding. I’ve also changed from the gong allvator medium to the xl, so I start flying at a much lower speed which is much nicer and requires less power. The wooden mast clamp was functional, but the 3d printed one is definitely better.

HydroFoil: gong allvator xl with 80cm mast
Motor: flipsky 65121
Mast Clamp/Motor Mount: 3d printed in PET-G (feel free to message me if you need the file)
Battery: 12s1p 44v Samsung 40ah used EV battery ( got it at batteryhookup.com )
ESC: flipsky 75/100 - I’d recommend the waterproof one
Remote: flipsky VX3 ( But a regular 2.4ghz rc car remote works good too, just put it in a rubber glove) I used this remote a long time until I got the VX3

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JMXKQ4C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1