Flipsky 66112 130kV

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to build my direct drive efoil and today I found a new motor. What do you think in comparison with flipsky 65161 120kV?
https://flipsky.net/collections/new-accessories/products/flipsky-inrunner-brushless-dc-66112-motor-130kv-3000w-for-surfing-boat-underwater-thruster-for-hydro-efoil

Let me know your opinion!

Hi Gianmarco,
no really new and the cables are on the wrong side :joy:
Mike

Isn’t here anyone who used this motor? I also want to know how it is compared to the 65161 120kv. It is half the weight and should be enought power for efoiling. Also the price is lower. But I don’t understand how you mount it to a foil.

It might be a good candidate for a foil assist. I wouldn’t use it on std efoil though…

Why? From my experience 3kW Peak and 2kW continuous is enough for foiling.

That’s very dependant on what wing you use. A lot of guys run at around 5kw when they accelerate fast or use smaller wings on take-off. I’ve pushed up to 7.5kw at times…

Yeah sure you CAN pull that much power, but its not mandatory. I don’t intended to start a discussion about power demand, I want info on the motor :slight_smile:

Thats what flipsky sent me after asking on how to mount it. Total nonsense in my opinion.

1 Like

I saw a short video of a guy using this one as a trolling motor for a small boat, he fried that motor after a day or two, could be his fault, but from what I’ve noticed is that these are low quality motors, seals are bad, the magnet wires are all over the place, I don’t know, it could be that the one he got was faulty from the factory or damaged during shipping, you don’t know until you try.

Max current 70A, continous power 2kW. Could work but is on the low end, better to have some reserve. In choppy conditions, you might need more than 3kW to get on the board. If you use this motor, better limmit the current in VESC, otherwise you might burn it.

He killed it because he removed any chance of it cooling properly when he mounted it…

1 Like

I bought one of these, as it seems an easier starter option for my foildrive-ish diy project. Partly because i don’t need to figure out how to attach a prop.

I was thinking of half-a$$ing a connection bolting to my mast track, behind my tuttle mast. This image makes me LOL as that is roughly what I was thinking. It ain’t gonna be pretty … but maybe it will work.

Mhh. Seams that this motor is far from ideal. What a pitty, he lighter and cheaper then his big brother. Would be exactly what I needed when it would be more convenient to mount it.

Ordered the 150kV version now as they have M4 holes on the backplate now. So easy mounting :slight_smile:

https://flipsky.net/collections/waterproof-motor/products/flipsky-inrunner-brushless-dc-66112-motor-150kv-2000w-for-surfing-boat-underwater-thruster-hydro-efoil

Still a pity about the shaft…

Ok, have the motor now. Looks like advertised. Comes with prop and splints

Funfact: ist NOT 150kV, but 130kV (Flipsky wrote that in email to me and also my measurements result in 130kV)

Internal resistance:

• Measured with wire: 125 mOhm
  • Flypsky said 94 to 97 mOhm
  • VESC Tool measured about 70 mOhm

eRPM / 3 = real RPM (6 Poles?)

Weight about 1.3kg with cables

No load current about 1.5 to 1.7A on 44V (Battery Current)
Quite hard to turn shaft by hand, lots of friction

Runs smooth and quiet on my desk. No difference if in water mug or not

UP NEXT: Water thrust test…

2 Likes

Crazy high IR …
Usually yes : nb of pairs of poles so 3 , just check knowing kv , voltage , the rpm of load

Hard to turn … the magnetic force is made by the iron stator … nothing to say , some manufacturers made stator without iron holder , move freely …

Looking forward to your tests numbers , especially rpm drop under load

If you run on low amps, it doesn’t matter that much. More important is that the motor was only 200€ shipped.

Its not the magnetic forces I talk about. I think it’s the seal that make the friction.

I just would imagine with motor spec IR could be lower

You are probably right about friction and seal , but still very hard to tell without measuring with / without seal , magnetic force vs seal and wet seal …

I recall loosing 50w by seal on my first set up ( brand new , oiled but dry , full rpm, off load )

So, any results pro / con using it as a eFoil motor?