Flipsky Waterproof Remote VX3

@JamieJiang any news about the release date?

Thank you all for your continued attention to our remote VX3. And sorry for the late update. Due to some unpredictable factors, the release of the VX3 has been delayed for some days. But finally we will have the final sample come out next week. Stay tuned everybody. : )

7 Likes

My VX3 FAILED after less than 1 hour of use. Hasn’t even been in the water. Won’t power up and won’t charge. Just says “0” on the screen when on the charger and gets warm. Awesome.

What said Flipsky?

Well nothing yet - just happened yesterday. I opened the thing up (curiosity killed the warranty) and discovered a shorted out battery. It was physically crammed into a compartment that is too small - the assembler deformed the battery to make it fit which is probably why it shorted out. Current plan is to install a smaller battery which actually fits.

How will they know that you have opened it?..
Does it have some kind of seal?

No seal - all the electronics inside are buried in potting compound, including the battery. So I had to dig out the battery & clip the battery wires (which are disappointingly thin - seems like they could have used better wires) . I hooked up a new battery & the remote worked fine other than the wireless charging system which seems to do nothing other than make the remote hot. So I’ll have to drill a hole in the case to run a charging cable as well…

I have a question. The last point in the settings menu shows you wich error?

From VESC?