FlyTomaz - Second build

But where’s the maiden unpacking and packing back up?

1 Like

Will add that later.
I’ll be making foam insert to prevent things to shift around.

This V2 has four skins of fiber glass instead of two, price of replacing foam by vacuum, price of the board stiffness :wink:

So v1 had 3 skins CF 163g/m² on outside and 1 on the inside and it was just hand laied and constructed from 20mm xps plates. The weight is 8.3kg

V2 is 2+1 CF+diolen 200g/m² on the outside and 2-3 on the inside all vacuumed on 13±2 mm xps CNCed. The weight is 6.6kg

The drivetrain (motor, mast, foil, prop, all electronics and box) is 10.5kg.

And finally i got to weigh my 13s10p battery and it is 11.5kg.

So V2 is 28.6kg + cables and remote :grin:

3 Likes

Hey - how are you finding your Raiden7? i just got one and having some cooling issues. I am passively cooling it, attached to a large aluminum enclosure with thermal paste. The VESC gets to 70C pulling 70 amps in about 2 minutes. As soon as i reduce the throttle the temp quickly drops back down to 40-50. The enclosure is only just warm, so i think it’s the thermal pads that is the bottleneck with the cooling.

I might try using a piece copper sheet and thermal paste instead of the thermal pad tomorrow and see if makes any difference.

When I ride it comes to max 60°C and it cools down fast after slowing down to cca 40-50. The temperature drops down to 35 in 5s after a fall.
But I use watter cooling without pump.

6 Likes

Strongarm a good thermal paste should be better than pads. Let us know if it actually worked better with paste.

The thermal pad is 1mm thick - will thermal paste be ok/improvement at spanning this gap?

I have some 1mm thick sheet at copper at home, I was thinking about putting a piece of this below each FET, once I figure out if the vias are electrically conductive or not.

Vias are coductive.
I also have termal pad but will upgrade to paste when I get home.

hello thomaz
I just received ESC Raiden7 today.
I really like your idea of ​​mounting the ESC on the mast.
Are you willing to share the mast box CAD files?

I’ve made it in fusion 360. What format do you need?

1 Like

OK, he also works at Fusion 360.
This is CAD that I can use for free.

@flytomaz are you okay???

f3d (fusion) format will be good

Yes why?

@glajt all files will be sent on PM.

I thought you will upload here.
Can I get them too? please

I only share files on PM.

A few photos of packing:

13 Likes